2011 CX-9 3.7L Oil leak. Please help!

2011 cx9. Changed coils and plugs. Ran worse after. Noticed oil puddle in driveway. There is a factory hole on the head just below the exhaust manifold that oil is flowing out of. What is it and how do I fix it. Thank you all in advance. I have a picture of the culprit but I cannot get any pictures to attach to this post

Last edited:
2011 cx9. Changed coils and plugs. Ran worse after. Noticed oil puddle in driveway. There is a factory hole on the head just below the exhaust manifold that oil is flowing out of. What is it and how do I fix it. Thank you all in advance. I have a picture of the culprit but I cannot get any pictures to attach to this post

If the picture won't attach to the post, it may be too large or the format may not be recognized. Could you try taking a screenshot of the picture and then uploading the screenshot instead?

Wish I could help with your oil leak problem but I'm not familiar with the 1st gen. Hopefully someone else will be able to help!

Upvote 0
If the picture won't attach to the post, it may be too large or the format may not be recognized. Could you try taking a screenshot of the picture and then uploading the screenshot instead?

Wish I could help with your oil leak problem but I'm not familiar with the 1st gen. Hopefully someone else will be able to help!
Awesome man thanks. Fortunately I was able to get it figured out. Valve cover gasket. Didn't know it would leak down out of those rivet holes

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230315_112717_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230315_112717_Gallery.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0
@gavin6604 Did you say you found out u had a bad valve cover gasket after changing the ignition modules and spark plugs?

I'm having the same problem with that hole dripping oil after changing my plugs and ignition modules.

Upvote 0
Back