2008 Sub WRX vs. 2007 Speed 3

pwned!! way to go mazda! though if the wrx comes in at 9 lbs less weight with awd why the *&^% can't mazda offer it cause weight savings is bs... and if you say compitition for the speed6 i could honestly care less thats like saying the wrx is competition for the impreza spec b or whatever the **** subaru is calling their larger sedan nowadays...

edit cause i am a dumbass... lagacy was the name i was looking for...

Last edited:
Great comparison. It pretty much sums up the way I feel about the MS3 and the new WRX (both positive & negatives for each).

An AWD MS3 would never be competition for a MS6. Other than the drivetrain, they're completely different cars. If anything, the MS6 has been stealing sales from the MS3 due to recent price incentives - just plain more car for the same money. I see no way that someone with their hearts set on a high performance midsize 4-door sedan is going to settle for a compact hatch. If this was the case with the car buying public, then Subaru would sell only WRXs and Legacys would languish on the lot.

Right now I've been shopping for both and it really is a toss up. I would love the AWD and sedan form of the MS6, but the MS3 is just so much car and a blast to drive. I'm torn. That review is good for Mazda, proving that their earlier attempts like the MSP have really gone under review and given birth to a new and much more refined variant like the MS3.

Man can't view it here at work! (deadhorse I've been a big fan of Suby's for a while now, and the way i look at it, if your going to do it. May as well do it all the way...STI's my next puchase.

Nice comparison, I'm getting a little more use to the new impreza 5-door. Both are nice cars, they didn't do very well on the 0-60s, anyone else notice? I guess they were trying to say that's what your average Joe will get.

Yea I love the subies, but if mazda made a MS3 in AWD the car would go up
$2-3,000. One thing about the WRX's is that you have ti be easy on the tranny, because most people want to treat them like 1/4 mile cars and there not. The car was not designed to be launched on pavement. The wheels dont break loose and all that strain goes right to the transmission. Go visit a wrx forum and look at all the threads on busted gears, they never end. I am supprised that there are not that many MS6 owners having tranny issues fir this smae reason. So AWD has its pros and cons. The sti has a bullet proof tranny, but not the WRX. If a performance car has AWD it should have a very very strong tranny. I wonder how the MS6 tranny is

I haven't read about anyone breaking an MS6 transmission, but the rear diff mounts are another story. Clutches could also be a little tougher since pavement is where the MS6 lives and there are those people who seem to enjoy 5500 rpm clutch drops just for the fun of it. One guy here in Dallas managed to break a rear halfshaft, but I haven't heard about many of those.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1320039

the people on NASIOC are all riled up.:'( suddenly 0-60 times don't matter; what's important are ride quality and room to improve the car. apparently, turning out a not-quite-finished product is a strength of subaru's, and it's what they're aiming for. because the MS3 is "tuned to within an inch of its life," it can't get any better, and only appeals to "hardcore" people who don't want a "real world" car that's comfortable.

plus, the only people who care about 0-60 times and such are "16 year olds" (and, from what i remember, everyone on that forum in 2002). oh, and the GTI handles much better in the real world and on a track. (eyeballs)

Yea subaru really ****** up. They said there going after a bigger market, but the only question is the market there going for is not the market that bought all previous model WRX's. Way to disapoint your customer base. And its funny when you email SOA (subaru of america) about the new body design they say "you should see it before you judge it" LOL What do you think reviews are for(sssh)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1320039

the people on NASIOC are all riled up.:'( suddenly 0-60 times don't matter; what's important are ride quality and room to improve the car. apparently, turning out a not-quite-finished product is a strength of subaru's, and it's what they're aiming for. because the MS3 is "tuned to within an inch of its life," it can't get any better, and only appeals to "hardcore" people who don't want a "real world" car that's comfortable.

plus, the only people who care about 0-60 times and such are "16 year olds" (and, from what i remember, everyone on that forum in 2002). oh, and the GTI handles much better in the real world and on a track. (eyeballs)
Lol! I poked around and read some of it good stuff, funny. Some of the members on there did make sense though and said subaru messed up by not placing meaty sway bars on the car which would have helped it greatly.

Still these are two VERY comparable cars. I'm sure a lot of people would cross shop them.

yeah but with the ms3 your more eclusive, no too metion 300lbs lighter

An AWD MS3 would never be competition for a MS6. Other than the drivetrain, they're completely different cars. If anything, the MS6 has been stealing sales from the MS3 due to recent price incentives - just plain more car for the same money. I see no way that someone with their hearts set on a high performance midsize 4-door sedan is going to settle for a compact hatch. If this was the case with the car buying public, then Subaru would sell only WRXs and Legacys would languish on the lot.

i have spanked a couple of ms6's

i love the ms6 and the ms3, you where jusyt saying that the ms3 wasn't as good a deal as the ms6 so i was just pointing out with the ms3 you get a little more exclusivetivity

Back