2008 mazda 3 gas pedal problem?

hey guys. i have a 2008 3 and im getting really annoyed from the gas pedal. it is so sensitive that i cant even rest my foot comfortably on it to coast at a steady speed. if i do, the car will keep accelerating and never stop accelerating. i want to be able to rest my foot and just coast.

this may be dumb but its getting me frustrated because its like i have a leg workout after driving for 10 minutes. anyone know if there is anyway to stiffen the actual gas pedal?

its difficult because the pedal is plastic, and our cars are drive by wire. so there is no throttle cable giving tension to the pedal. any adjustments will throw off the pcm, what you can do is tighten the bolt holding the pedal assembly sender to the actuater, this will make it so you need more force to move the pedal back and forth. but be fore warned. too tight. you risk snapping the plastic pedal

its difficult because the pedal is plastic, and our cars are drive by wire. so there is no throttle cable giving tension to the pedal. any adjustments will throw off the pcm, what you can do is tighten the bolt holding the pedal assembly sender to the actuater, this will make it so you need more force to move the pedal back and forth. but be fore warned. too tight. you risk snapping the plastic pedal

thats the answer i was looking for. i will check it out today. ill tighten the bolt just slightly and see how that goes. thanks mogley (drinks)

I have driven the mazda 3 that we have as a winter beater from Montreal to Toronto without stopping and never thought that the pedal was uncomfortable...

The dealer did replace it on a TSB because it was defective... so mabey you have a diferent one...

I have the same issue... I don't think it would be too bad if there was some carpet to grip the side of your foot on right beside the pedal... which is what I find myself doing in nearly any other car.

FWIW this is a small PITA to me as well.. I use my cruise control every single chance I possibly can or else my right foot gets stupidly tired.

I used my google-fu and found this...

http://www.mazda (REMOVE) speedforums.org/forum/f33/gas-pedal-spring-rate-mod-35930/

I may just have to do this when I find the motivation... which is practically non-existant for now... but I'll bookmark this thread and maybe get to it in the future. :)

Forum rules be damned... if the info isn't here, then I will sure as hell find it elsewhere! Remove the obvious part of that URL to see the link.

Back