2007 vs 2008 vs 2009

sykopat

:
Mazda Mazdaspeed6 2006, Mazda 3 Sport GT 2007
Hello people,

I'm currently shopping to replace my MS6 with a Mazda5.

I have some questions, though.

I haven't been able to spot the differences between the Mazda5, years 2007 to 2009.

I'm currently hesitating between a used 2007 GT with leather @ 40 000km, or a brand new 2009 GT without leather.

I know they added bluetooth, also the rear A/C for the middle row, 4speed instead of 5 for the auto transmission, but anything else?

If someone could provide a detailed list of the differences in each year, I would really appreciate it. I live in Canada, by the way, in case differences would not be the same in the US.

Also, would you compare the power of the Mazda5 5speed with a Mazda3 with the 2.3L 5speed? Thanks a lot!

Shop around for a used 2008 GT. You won't regret it unless you want a brand new 2009 that they'll be trying to get rid of, making room for the 2010.

2008 and above is the refresh. All the changes are as you stated, plus you get the passenger armrest and (if included) the redesigned nav unit.

Here are the changes for the US market from '07 to '08. I'm assuming that the same changes occured in Candada.

untitled.jpg

The big thing is a 5-speed AT vs the 4-speed AT. Plus, less rear wheel issues from what I've read. Bottom line - if you have a choice, get an '08 or '09.

Thanks a lot guys for the quick replies.

I'll probably go with a brand new 2009, finally. Dealers are eager to sell them, right now.

Out of the changes you have listed, the only one we don't get in Canada is the tire pressure monitor system.

Wow perfect, i was wondering if i have the pressure monitor system and we don't !!!

That's cool because i won't have to buy 4 sensors for my winter tires !

Wow perfect, i was wondering if i have the pressure monitor system and we don't !!!

That's cool because i won't have to buy 4 sensors for my winter tires !

I would bet money that your 2009 GT has tire pressure monitors. Touring and up have had them since 07 or earlier. You dont have to have them though. The light just comes on and stays on. I dont run sensors in my Speed3's winter set up. No biggie...

I would bet money that your 2009 GT has tire pressure monitors. Touring and up have had them since 07 or earlier. You dont have to have them though. The light just comes on and stays on. I dont run sensors in my Speed3's winter set up. No biggie...

Even if it's a Canadian model ?

The Canadian models are a little different so it's quite possible that they don't have TPMS.

Sykopat, post back with what you find out from the dealers. It's interesting to see what the models are selling for in Canada.

I can verify 100% that the Canadian 09 GT does not have tire pressure monitors. I just changed my rims.

Sykopat, post back with what you find out from the dealers. It's interesting to see what the models are selling for in Canada.

Just got mine last week. A brand new 2009 GT with luxury package (leather, 6 cd changer + heating seats), standard 5 speed transmission, for about 22 500$CAN before tax. I had them included the lock nuts and the tinted windows as well cause they didnt want to lower the price anymore. I'm very satisfied with what I paid.

wow, even the GT in Canadia does not have TPMS? Seems kind of a scam. Although it is more of a pain since it doesnt tell you the pressure or which tire needs air. Shoot, cheap Chryslers have been telling you the pressure of each wheel for years now, why can we not have that, we should especially in the GT. Typically however I opt for the Touring models. You get everything except the leather or LED tails that come in the GT for a lot less $$. Not a big fan of leather in a car, it is to hot for me.

I don't mind having no TPMS. Its easy to go after market wheels without the TPMS, w/ TPMS you have to have the same sensor for summer and winter tires. no hassle with TPMS sensor lights coming on. I always check my tire pressure anyways. To me its not a big thing.

same for me, i would hate to buy another kit of sensors for my winter tires ! I can check the tire pressure by myself hehe

So Canadians don't get TPMS, yet they *can* get a GT with leather, HIDs and 5MT. Here in the US, get your Sport with 5MT if you want one :D

Back