2007 CX9 Navigation system loses it's mind

mickprue

My 2007 CX9 thinks that it is in Aurora, WV instead of Aurora, CO. Every time I try to get a local Colorado address, it shows me matches in West Virginia.
Can someone help me? The location always shows correctly, but I can't seem to get it to look anywhere but WV!!

You have to set your local zone. In my ms6 there is a menu where you can set (by number) your local area. Not sure why it does not do this by default.

The navigation system's zone maybe wrong when...
- it is new (dealer should have set the zone correctly for you. If not, they did not do their job!)
- someone disconnected battery (need to set the zone again - maybe, I am not sure)
- someone updated the map with a new disc (I am sure 'cause I just did it last week)

Anyway, set the zone correctly, you will be fine.

The battery was disconnected, that must be it. I went through every menu and can't find out how to set the zone. Can you help me out?

I am not with my car right now, but if memory serves me right just punch menu on the console and select directions. Before going any further if you look to the left on the screen you can choose which zone you want.

Back