WTB 2001 Blue Mazda MP3 (Looking for Production Number 5)

I’m looking to buy a 2001 Blue Mazda MP3. I bought a brand new Blue MP3 back in 2001 when I was 22 years old, I’m now 42. The MP3 I purchased was production number #5. I don’t currently have the VIN number. The car was purchased from the Mazda dealership in Brandon Florida. And I traded it in on another vehicle in Columbia, SC at Dick Smith Nissan in 2002 or 2003. That was the last time I have seen the car. I put a hood scoop from a Ford Mustang on it, so that was a characteristic that it had. If anyone has seen or know the whereabouts of it please let me know. But I doubt I’ll be able to find. So I’d be have with a bone stock original low mileage MP3. My other username was Mp3#5 on here but I couldn’t remember the email it was associated with.

Welcome back! I moved this thread into our WTB Forum and updated your thread title. Would you like your accounts merged and account email updated?

I’m looking to buy a 2001 Blue Mazda MP3. I bought a brand new Blue MP3 back in 2001 when I was 22 years old, I’m now 42. The MP3 I purchased was production number #5. I don’t currently have the VIN number. The car was purchased from the Mazda dealership in Brandon Florida. And I traded it in on another vehicle in Columbia, SC at Dick Smith Nissan in 2002 or 2003. That was the last time I have seen the car. I put a hood scoop from a Ford Mustang on it, so that was a characteristic that it had. If anyone has seen or know the whereabouts of it please let me know. But I doubt I’ll be able to find. So I’d be have with a bone stock original low mileage MP3. My other username was Mp3#5 on here but I couldn’t remember the email it was associated with.
I live in the Columbia, SC area, and I've never seen it. That is absolutely something I would have noticed too, because those cars are SICK!

Good luck on your search.

Totally just throwing out ideas here...

Since you don't have the VIN, you probably haven't run a CarFax. That would be where I'd start if I had the VIN.

I wonder if you could have Mazda give you the VIN based on the #5 production number.
Or, I wonder if the production number is part of the VIN, and maybe if so, you could piece the VIN together using it?

I don't know how dealerships handle license plates with trade-ins, but if you can remember the plate, you could try running the it in something like faxvin to find the VIN. It might come back empty or to another car, but worth a chance if somehow it has original plates.

Maybe the Nissan dealer has records or even the VIN? Unlikely though, and I don't know how you'd be able to identify the car to them so that they could check without the VIN.

Assuming you had the VIN, you could search some auction sites for records to see if it went to auction. autoauctions.io and copart are places to check. You can just throw the VIN into a google image search too. I've been able to bring up results of previously salvaged vehicles by doing that. Not sure how far back you could go though.

That VIN really is the key to unlocking the vehicle's history, if it has any to be unlocked.

Back