17x8 +45 on msp but with which tire size?

biondos1

im considering a 225/45/17 or 215/45/17 currently im at stock ride height and will get coilovers down the road but i dont plan on slamming the car cuz roads suck here so maybe a 3/4"-1" drop.

leaning towards 215

Last edited:
I just got 215/45/17 on 17x7.5 wheels as seen here:

IMG_0329.jpg

They're a little bit stretched.

There's really no need to over stretch a tire unless you're worried about rubbing. In fact, a lot of shops won't mount a tire that's super stretched. But, since you're not going too low, I'd shoot for 225-235 on the tread width for your 8 inch wide rim. Just my two cents.

Zack used to run that setup with 235's Star Specs. I drove it, and it did rub. However, I think he would have been fine with a 225.

What about wheel spacers or lower offset wheels?? Well, whatever makes us happy, i guess.

That will make the entire wheel and tire flush with the fender. Having a narrower tire allows the wheel to be flush with the fender while still allowing enough clearance to not rub the tire. Sometimes even just the change in sidewall angle is sufficient to provide a tight but useable tolerance.

so i finally got around to installing the tires.

i went with 215/45/17 stretched over the 8" mustang rims and they sit just right. they are perfectly flush all around. i rolled the fenders in the back and have no rub issues now. car handles real nice with these for stock suspension with 150,000. lol

Back