16,000 from stockers?

Those are the tires I'm going to get if I decide to keep my MS3. What wheels and what tire size are you using?

I just bought the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec 225x40x18 and I got last week my new set of Work Emotion CR Kai 18x7.5x48

I took these pics from my iPhone, so I dont have quality pics yet.

n508239652_1142200_8401.jpg

n508239652_1124340_1540.jpg

I got the Cobb Springs today from SU. Ill be installing them as soon as I take the MS3 to the dealer for warranty on the crappy OEM shocks.

I think people are also discounting the TYPE of mileage as a factor in how long the OEM tires last.

Mine only have 10-12K on them now (with about 1-2/32" before hitting the wear bars) but those were reasonably hard CITY miles (Mostly while living in downtown Chicago with lots of stop and go traffic, which definitely wears them faster than highway mileage) with some HARD track miles (on a tight, turn-dense course).

People who commute 50-100 miles a day on the highway with these tires are not going to see such accelerated wear.

And for what it's worth, I rotated my tires every 3-4K miles. :)

you love those stockers don't you...

I do when people decide to change them out early and sell them for way below new tire price's!!!(dance)

It just seems that everytime I need tire's, someone is selling low mileage stocker's. I will haz ur tyre's and I'z will uz them all up!

Got the car back, put my mods back on and am content once again. Still have to get the tire's mounted though.

I think people are also discounting the TYPE of mileage as a factor in how long the OEM tires last.

Mine only have 10-12K on them now (with about 1-2/32" before hitting the wear bars) but those were reasonably hard CITY miles (Mostly while living in downtown Chicago with lots of stop and go traffic, which definitely wears them faster than highway mileage) with some HARD track miles (on a tight, turn-dense course).

People who commute 50-100 miles a day on the highway with these tires are not going to see such accelerated wear.

And for what it's worth, I rotated my tires every 3-4K miles. :)

I was just about to say something different. I'm thinking maybe heat and mileage per trip may factor into it. (yes I know they are 180 or w/e wear rating). But I drive a 20 mile strip of I95 every day (literally every day) at about 80-90mph.

I'm thinking maybe: f(x)= the high heat of the Florida roads + 90mph constant speed = lots of heat -> high wear per mile?

why do you say that....?
Most of my cars that i've had that were lowered wore out tires alittle faster..neg. camber for one. Also considering the stock tires have a 140 treadwear.. i can't see them lasting very long especially if you do some spirited driving in this car and your car is lowered.

My stockers have around 3,000 miles on them. I switched them out for a set of real tires before I could tear them up even more. They suck so bad on the autocross course.

My stockers have around 3,000 miles on them. I switched them out for a set of real tires before I could tear them up even more. They suck so bad on the autocross course.

I wish there was a Jax Autox. I hate how the closest one for me is the Gainesville and Daytona meets. Along with the large amount of $$$$ it costs to Autox your Daily Driver. haha

I Autocross my daily driver. :)

My biggest expense is Tires. I'm about to buy my 3rd set, and I bought the car in March of 2008.

I wish there was a Jax Autox. I hate how the closest one for me is the Gainesville and Daytona meets. Along with the large amount of $$$$ it costs to Autox your Daily Driver. haha

They have at least a few Buccaneer Region events at the old Whitehouse Airfield in Jax every year, and even Gainesville isn't THAT far of a drive for a day of driving debauchery. :)

In fact, there's one this weekend. :p

http://www.buccaneerregion.org/calendar.html

I got 22k on my car now. Still on stock tires. They are getting low though(5/32 thread left). I probably got another 2 months or so on them.

Last edited:
I had 28600 with probably4-6 K left in Nov but knew winter was here in WI, I was a Snap On Tech rep for years and we always preached Rotation, Rotation, Rotation, tire pressure checks biweekly, especially with cold weather for tire life. I put on a set of Yokohama W4s and they have worked great in -20, 14" snows (as good as can be expected) and I never go more than 5k between rotations. I also just drive up and down an interstate 110 miles a day.

Back