10 sec daily driven protege

Berto24

:
Mazda Protege DX
You guys think I can build a 10 sec protg while maintaining streetability I know I will have to sacrifice something but I think is possible :)

In theory it would be easy enough to build a car capable of 10 seconds and still be able to drive it on the street....with a bunch of money. The trick will actually being able to make it down the track in less than 11 seconds without breaking something. Fwd is a serious disadvantage on the strip.

If you're attempting a 10 sec daily driven car the first thing you need to do is walk away from the protege and forget you even thought about it.

In theory it would be easy enough to build a car capable of 10 seconds and still be able to drive it on the street....with a bunch of money. The trick will actually being able to make it down the track in less than 11 seconds without breaking something. Fwd is a serious disadvantage on the strip.
+1 billet billet billet and more billet

If you're attempting a 10 sec daily driven car the first thing you need to do is walk away from the protege and forget you even thought about it.

There is no fun in doing it in other car I want to push the limit of the protege to see where it stands

Well I hope you have about 10k to build the trans. It's not gona hold more than 350 whp normally. Launching it on slicks is gona destroy a stock trans. You're also looking at 3-4k to build the motor but that's not including cost of the bp swap

You're gona spend 4x the cost of the car to build it strong enough to run 10s at the track and daily drive it

The protege was never meant to be fast. The gseries trans is a joke when it come to making power and protgs aren't popular enough for aftermarket support. You're gona spend twice as much to go half as fast in a protege while 5k will get you in the 8s in the 1/4 with other play forms

Thought about it will not be my DD but it will be street legal btw about the trans I am on to something and if it works I will post info about it the engine its almost ready I am only missing the billet oil pump and porting head and intake manifold. And forgot to clarify that this will be on a 93 protege my 2000 will stay like it is

....there's a reason it hasn't been done already :)

93 with a bp has way more potential than a 99-03 with fsde. Lighter, better motor, e153 trans etc. very possible to get it into the 10s with slicks, big turbo, and anti lag

Keep in mind anyone that knows about them would rather have a bpt than a fsdet

....there's a reason it hasn't been done already :)
because of this?
1557632_10152659685774829_1953813433_n.jpg

93 with a bp has way more potential than a 99-03 with fsde. Lighter, better motor, e153 trans etc. very possible to get it into the 10s with slicks, big turbo, and anti lag

Keep in mind anyone that knows about them would rather have a bpt than a fsdet

Yep thats right way more. My original plan was using the 2000 protege and swap a BP but in the long hall that would give me a lot of headache because it was my DD. So i am better of buying a 90-94 either protege or 323 and mantaining my 2000 for DD. Let see how much weight can I save to make the car super light that would help me drop some time at the strip.

A second engine might help. Something small, that can fit back there in the gas tank slot or the trunk. Doesn't have to be a big engine really, just something to help the first one launch without destroying itself. You can also use the setup from an EV Postal Carrier or Milk Truck. Easy to find and cheap besides batteries.

Back