'10 Pearl White front bumper scratch

coolisjade

:
Mazda CX-9 GT AWD Pearl White Mica Moonroof/Nav
Please see attached photos. Any suggestions on repairs?

There is a guy the comes to the Team Superstore Mazda dealership nearby that do body repairs they come by every Friday. I called him and he said for regular scratch repairs it will cost around ($50-$100) but if we wanted to have it completely invisible they would have to take the bumper off and repaint $200-$300.

What do you guys think? Is this a repair I can do using mazda's touch up paint? What about the grey section of the fog lamps?

Any suggestion would be helpful as I've only had this car for 3 weeks..

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 777
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 613
  • photo(3).jpg
    photo(3).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 669
  • photo(4).jpg
    photo(4).jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 478
  • photo(5).jpg
    photo(5).jpg
    28 KB · Views: 719
I am not yet a vendor here but my application has been turned in to become one. Check out our site: crownautotrim.com We have one of our flagship products that is a touch up paint in a flet tip form so it is easy to control and easy to apply. It wont make your scratch look like million bucks but it will help a lot.
Thanks!

-Johnny

not sure about being invisible, but I have a buddy who is very skilled. airbrush with some touch up paint in layers and then he'll whip out a buffer to level it off. he's worked wonders on my father in laws van.

thanks for the tips. i will see the guy at the mazda dealer on friday and will keep everyone posted

thanks for the tips. i will see the guy at the mazda dealer on friday and will keep everyone posted

hey i talked to the guy he's charging me 350 for repainting the whole bumper as he will not do a spot repair job on this and have his name stamped on it. he claims it be impossible with the white mica paint. what do you guys think?

That sounds like a reputable guy, I would use him, if I were you. A man's name/ reputation still means alot these days. With the tri-pearl white paint job, it makes it difficult for matching correctly.
Definitely sounds like a professional that takes pride in his work.......

That sounds like a reputable guy, I would use him, if I were you. A man's name/ reputation still means alot these days. With the tri-pearl white paint job, it makes it difficult for matching correctly.
Definitely sounds like a professional that takes pride in his work.......

i agree. i'll post pictures on the job

Please see attached photos. Any suggestions on repairs?

There is a guy the comes to the Team Superstore Mazda dealership nearby that do body repairs they come by every Friday. I called him and he said for regular scratch repairs it will cost around ($50-$100) but if we wanted to have it completely invisible they would have to take the bumper off and repaint $200-$300.

What do you guys think? Is this a repair I can do using mazda's touch up paint? What about the grey section of the fog lamps?

Any suggestion would be helpful as I've only had this car for 3 weeks..

we got our bumper scratch repaired today by sheila with matt's touch up repair at the team super store in vallejo. they did an amazing job. can't even tell anything was there. i had to pay $200 but it was well worth it. she ended up repairing an isolated area and did not need to do the whole bumper. its perfect!

I'm an adjuster and write estimates for collision damage 5 days a week. Normally, a body shop would have to remove and install the bumper cover, and all parts on the outside of it (the lower air dam, the fog lights, the bumper grille(s), etc), take the cover back down to bare plastic, prime it, re-paint it, on the pearl white, they would have an additional cost for "3 stage" or anything beyond normal basecoat/clearcoat. All this usually for a bumper is in the 300 - 600 dollar range. I have seen the mobile repair guys perform their magic, and it usually looks great, however, that stuff usually won't last the life of the vehicle before it begins to peel/oxidize/fade, etc. There are dent doctors out there who can take out small dents that are only dents, and have no paint damage, but when you have damage beyond the clear, that affects the paint, the only way to restore it and get it to last the life of the vehicle is to do it the proper way. If it were me, I would just use touchup paint and live with the blemish, to save $$$.

Back