08 Passenger Side Door

Amidath

:
2008 Mazda5 Sport
Hello all,

So I have a bit of an odd problem that doesn't seem to be covered in any of the posts about the sliders (This is usually my luck) but my Passenger Side opens just fine, however when you go to close it suddenly it feels like a body builder is pulling against you. Doesn't make any weird noises or anything, just is very hard to close. It's a bit easier from the outside vs sitting inside but not much.

I haven't lubed the track yet (vehicle has honestly just been parked in the garage for a while now) but I'm trying to fix up the little issues with it so I can sell it and this has me perplexed because I would figure that if it was a track/lube issue I wouldn't be able to open it easily.

The lower track most likely has grime buildup causing resistance. Its easier to close from the outside because body geometry of standing vs. sitting means you can throw more weight into it, so it feels like there is less resistance. I used a rag to clean up the stuff on the lower mounting point and track then used a light weight oil on both the lower track and all moving parts and the beltline track. Its been good for some time now.

Back