Be glad you have a CX-5

I'd pass on the NX and go for the RX with that small of a price gap if that was price I was working with.

View attachment 330082

The issue with that is that out the door, it is close to 75K, when you get the features the CX-70/90 has. If 15K is not an issue, I would skip that and get a BMW PHEV or the Mercedes.

Last edited:
I'd pass on the NX and go for the RX with that small of a price gap if that was price I was working with.

View attachment 330082
Lexus has dozens of more options available even for NX 450h+ Luxury / RX 450h+ Luxury PHEVs. MSRP is $61,140 for NX 450+ Luxury that should be the price comparing to $71,080 for a RX 450h+ Luxury.

Although friend’s NX 450h+ is a “Luxury” trim, it’s still added additional 12 options including a $1,020 Mark Levinson Premium Audio!

And they upgraded from a Toyota Prius Prime PHEV, and wife doesn’t want to drive a SUV too large. In 8 years of the ownership for 22,000 miles, they only pumped the gas TWICE!

Last edited:
I haven’t looked closely at the NX… I might have to take a closer look. Just trying to keep options open until replacement in the next 2 years of another vehicle.

I’m personally not interested in European vehicles

I was watching a review the other day on the RX and they felt Lexus probably won’t sell a lot of the 450H PHEVs and it was overpriced for what you got but reliability and long term would hold its value well.

I’m personally not interested in European vehicles
Same here, although I used to be interested only in German vehicles. As complicated as a PHEV, I simply can’t trust any other brands other than Toyota’s at this time.

I was watching a review the other day on the RX and they felt Lexus probably won’t sell a lot of the 450H PHEVs and it was overpriced for what you got
I don’t know about not selling on those expensive Lexus PHEVs. Friend had to find one through a car broker who found one in LA area and shipped to San Jose with some discount from MSRP. The local Lexus dealer won’t budge for any discount, and selection is very limited.

but reliability and long term would hold its value well.
Yes. Friends Prius Prime had no single issue during their 8 years of ownership.

Last edited:

True. But it doesn't transmit this back to Mazda and overwrites every 30 seconds or so. The driver monitoring I will not tolerate is the new tech that tries to decide if you are sleepy or something and shuts off the car.

I don't like this either and I figured out how to stop my '05 Tundra from recording this stuff.

I replaced the touchscreen in my mother in laws 2018 for less than $250. It was the whole screen and exterior shell, none of the electronics like the circuit board the screen plugs into. Does the first gen not have a cost effective kit like the second gen? Sorry, don’t want to get off topic but had to address ghost touch, it’s really annoying for sure

Dealer said some had a screen available, but mine had to have the whole unit replaced.

I am still interested in non-Turbo PHEV CX-70

Plug-in Hybrids are a solution looking for a problem. Not for me. OTOH, I'd love to have a non-hybrid ecoboost style CX-9/90. I have looked at the -9 a few times. Should have bought one, I see.

Back