Android Auto disappeared after firmware upgrade (2017 CX-5)

I have a 2017. Have tried to use Android Auto over the years of having it but it always freezes within 10 minutes of driving. I've tried it with different cords, different phones. Never truly worked.

Today I upgraded my firmware from 59.00.446 NA N to the latest 74 version and now it's gone out of the application menu. Can't seem to find where this has happened to anyone else. Pulling my phone in doesn't not start up Android Auto like it used to before. Switching to File Transfer/Android Auto in the charging options doesn't work either.

Would the upgrade wipe the headunit's Android Auto functionality?

Asked on Reddit and it appears the previous owner of my 2017 hacked the infotainment to get Android Auto on it and the upgrade wiped the hack. Explains why it was also so buggy when I tried to use it.

You can get an update file on the Mazda 3 website and the hardware on AliExpress. That’s what I’m having to do

Yes, you can download the update on the official website and buy equipment on the marketplace.
or use third-party devices that support Android Auto, which can be connected to the system via Bluetooth or AUX port.

Last edited:
Back