CX-70 debut information, pictures, discussion

In Spanish - Use closed captions and auto-translate to English.

Mazda.ca appears to currently be down.

Edit: MazdaUSA.com appears to be down as well.

Whelp. Total fail for my use. 200" long car is too long for my garage to be able to access the trunk and be able to walk around the car. The extra cargo space would not be a upsell vs optional 3rd row.

Last edited:
Sounds like its the same size and wheelbase as the 90. Actual measurements haven't been clarified. There are some new features like a remote folding 2nd row and Amazon Alexa integration, and lots of cosmetic changes like black trim pieces, roof spoiler, and redesigned front and rear bumpers to make it look more sporty. A new wheel design is also exclusive to the CX-70.

It'll have the same powertrains and transmission as the CX-90, with no announced changes to HP/TQ so far. It'll tow the same as the CX-90. Weight should also be slightly reduced, but again, no confirmation on how much weight exactly.

Lots of good info, but no specifics on anything that would really help potential buyers make a decision, like actual exterior dimensions or even cargo capacity.

Last edited:
Maybe they know they dropped the bowling ball on this one by calling it a CX70 instead of a different CX90 trim.

They could probably save money by not having to crash test a CX90 trim vs certifying a new CX70?

Actual dimensions do appear to be unknown, with several new (past hour) articles indicating that it is to be shorter than the 90. I'm still waiting to see if it comes in in the mid-190s, X5 length.

Ugh. 🤬

I mean, it does look great but I won't have a full opinion until more details come out re: pricing and dimensions.
I know the CX90 is a smaller 3-row, so that lends to a larger 2-row CX-70 but I really wanted a wider CX-60.

Feeling pretty disappointed over here...hopefully they bring me back around with more details on it.

That all black model is very nice, however. 🤔

Sounds like its the same size and wheelbase as the 90. Actual measurements haven't been clarified. There are some new features like a remote folding 2nd row and Amazon Alexa integration, and lots of cosmetic changes like black trim pieces, roof spoiler, and redesigned front and rear bumpers to make it look more sporty. A new wheel design is also exclusive to the CX-70.

It'll have the same powertrains and transmission as the CX-90, with no announced changes to HP/TQ so far. It'll tow the same as the CX-90. Weight should also be slightly reduced, but again, no confirmation on how much weight exactly.

Lots of good info, but no specifics on anything that would really help potential buyers make a decision, like actual exterior dimensions or even cargo capacity.
Basically the same size as a CX-90 because it is a CX-90 with only 2 rows.

Seems like Mazda promised a CX-70, but then decided they didn't have the budget or resources or something to actually develop it. So they just rebadged a CX-90 so they didn't have to cancel the model in the lineup.

There's no way this is what they had in mind when they originally announced there would be a CX-70 in the US. I wish they'd bring the CX-60 now with some cosmetic tweaks.

Seems like Mazda promised a CX-70, but then decided they didn't have the budget or resources or something to actually develop it. So they just rebadged a CX-90 so they didn't have to cancel the model in the lineup.

There's no way this is what they had in mind when they originally announced there would be a CX-70 in the US. I wish they'd bring the CX-60 now with some cosmetic tweaks.
Yeah, originally it was billed as a wide bodied CX-60.

Oh boy. So all these Mazda dealers were right after all.

I do have a similar feeling. I have watched Mazda video and it seams that basically they just removed the 3rd row and replaced it with a little bit of underfloor storage right behind the 2nd row and left everything else exactly the same. It's going to be really difficult to reach across the whole trunk to get to this underfloor space. Everything else is pretty much the same and for me unfortunately it is a big no. I just don't need such a big car especially that storage wise is not going to be more useful than my current CX-5.

Yes, most likely will have bigger trunk space but no more 40/20/40 split of the 2nd row and this is such a useful function (CX-60 in Europe has it), storage space in the 1st and 2nd row is the same like in CX-90 which means - is useless. Yes, color schemes look nice and engine options are tempting but I need a family car in the first place and down the road most likely something smaller than CX-9.

The back story on this is going to be fascinating if it ever comes out. I'm going with the product development department blew all the money on hookers and figured nobody would notice if they rebadged a CX-90 and ripped out the back seat.

Among other things that piss me off is Mazda trying to pawn it off as a midsize! That dog don't hunt.

And is the CX-80 going to be the same size as the CX-60 or is just NA that gets the shaft

200" SUV is just too big to stuff into many garages while still have walking space around it and be able to open the trunk! I happen to be able to fit a Pacifica rental in mine but man there was very little wiggle room left. I wouldn't want to live with one having to carefully place it into garage every day. My Etron is 194" or so and it's just big enough to have just over 6" give or take when I park it so I don't have to be EXACT.

I would have really considered a CX70 to replace my CX5 if they scaled it like the Honda Pilot/Passport (200"/189").

Latest posts

Back