CX-60 PHEV reveal on March 8th

Not from what I found online. We will see on March 8th.
CX5: 4550mm (179.1 inches)
CX9: 5075mm (199.8 inches)
CX60: 4750mm (~187 inches, source below)

It slots between CX5 and CX9 (similar length to next CX90).
CX60 and CX70 should be of similar length. The latter will be wider for markets other than Japan/Europe.
Same for CX80 vs CX90. The latter is wider.
Yes, but a turbo cx5 is 3800#. How much will a 2.5L + battery pack tweener weigh? Im guessing 4500-4700.

Screen Shot 2022-03-07 at 2.49.15 PM.png

IMO..

Interior looks nice, but might be a little too similar to current models. Not a fan of the shifter design, but it does help with giving you more room to toss your phone into the storage area. Infotainment display looks nice and big, but it seems to be closer to the driver than it is in the new Mazda3/CX-30, which could mean that they're going back to a touchscreen (maybe even touchscreen that you can use while in motion). Door panel appears to use some nice materials, but the handle placement is a little low. No paddle shifters kinda sucks, especially with that shifter design. But its nice to see electronic tilt and telescoping steering wheel adjustment. From what's visible, the seats look pretty basic - would be nice to see some detailed stitching/piping to elevate it just a bit. The pedals/dead pedal is another area that could be improved. It's still early though, I don't even know what trim this is (no ADD suggests a base model) and what changes will be made to the CX-70. But if this is a base model CX-60, it appears to come fairly well-equipped.

I sure hope the -70 gets a better headlight design.

Edit: Just noticed that it appears to have an electronic fuel door switch. Also, what is the button on the end of the turn signal stalk? Is that a foglight switch?

Last edited:
Here is the google cached link to the leak that has since been removed.

IMO..

Interior looks nice, but might be a little too similar to current models. Not a fan of the shifter design, but it does help with giving you more room to toss your phone into the storage area. Infotainment display looks nice and big, but it seems to be closer to the driver than it is in the new Mazda3/CX-30, which could mean that they're going back to a touchscreen (maybe even touchscreen that you can use while in motion). Door panel appears to use some nice materials, but the handle placement is a little low. No paddle shifters kinda sucks, especially with that shifter design. But its nice to see electronic tilt and telescoping steering wheel adjustment. From what's visible, the seats look pretty basic - would be nice to see some detailed stitching/piping to elevate it just a bit. The pedals/dead pedal is another area that could be improved. It's still early though, I don't even know what trim this is (no ADD suggests a base model) and what changes will be made to the CX-70. But if this is a base model CX-60, it appears to come fairly well-equipped.

I sure hope the -70 gets a better headlight design.

Edit: Just noticed that it appears to have an electronic fuel door switch. Also, what is the button on the end of the turn signal stalk? Is that a foglight switch?
The button on the end of the signal stalk is most likely the on/off switch for the adaptive led headlights (matrix led).
And if you look closely at the top of the dashboard, I think you can see a hole for the ADD. Since all models of the 3, CX-30 and MX-30 has the full ADD as standard in Europe, I would think the CX-60 would also have it as standard.

It does have the ADD. hoodlum's link has much higher res photos where you can see the windshield reflection from the ADD. The dash cutout is also just barely visible, it's much closer to the windshield now.

First impression is that it looks nice. Seems to continue the design theme that debuted with the CX-50 but is has a wider variety of materials and finishes. They got rid of the glossy black plastic around the touch areas too, that's a great choice IMO.

@sm1ke I agree about the headlights, they feel like a step back. With the 70 being wider maybe there will be an opportunity to stretch them a bit horizontally.

@santa @CatsPaw You're right! The high res pictures in the link do show a cutout for the ADD. My mistake.

I also forgot to mention one of the most telltale signs that Mazda is aiming for the luxury market - the cupholder lid! ;) All jokes aside, it is really nice to have a lid.

Really looks good on the spec sheet. The styling looks cheap though, for whatever reason. The CX5 and CX9 look elegant and nice right now. This looks like Kia or Hyundai got ahold of it in the last part of design phase. The fender vent, the grill are my main complaints. The car does look color-dependent, though. In a dark color it would do great! That spec sheet is money though. Very competitive! Now the question remains how will the AWD system work. That was my biggest issue with my RAV4 Prime was its terrible AWD system.

Excellent updates and commentary, everyone..(y)

Yeah, first impression...Hmm...Not sure but I feel those angles may not be the most favorable as well as the color. The headlights seem very current Mazda2-ish which looks great on the 2 but perhaps not so awesome on an upscale SUV..?

That said, I want to see this CX-60 in person before I really form any conclusions.

I do like the interior, seems very cool and those specs are lovely..:love:

Excellent updates and commentary, everyone..(y)

Yeah, first impression...Hmm...Not sure but I feel those angles may not be the most favorable as well as the color. The headlights seem very current Mazda2-ish which looks great on the 2 but perhaps not so awesome on an upscale SUV..?

That said, I want to see this CX-60 in person before I really form any conclusions.

I do like the interior, seems very cool and those specs are lovely..:love:
It is reasonable to expect the CX70 to have different styling somewhat as well, so for those of us in NA, I think the powertrain and overall Front to Rear proportions are the more important bits to focus on for now. I for one am impressed thus far! Not regretting I bought my RDX, yet, but Mazda does seem to have done well with this! I want to know what it weighs. That 5.8 to 62 might translate to 5.0 to 60, depending, and that would be beast! SQ5 acceleration right there. But it also depends on how that AWD system works as to whether I even care or not.

Back