Are Mazda accessories installed at the port, dealer, or in Japan

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
My 2021 is arriving soon and has the factory bumper guard (that metal whatever on the rear ledge) on the Maroney sticker. Is that applied in Japan, at the port, or at the dealer. Even though I'm paying for it in my sales price I really don't want it - I much prefer the full coverage I get with this aftermarket one - see attachment.

If these are installed at the port there may not be much the dealer can do to stop it. If installed at the dealer of course they don't have to put it on. Or, I'm guessing I can peel/pry it off?

Bumper guard.jpg

If it's on the actual sticker, it's done at the port. If it comes with an add-on sticker, it was done at the dealer. None of these type of accessories are done at the factory.

If it's on the actual sticker, it's done at the port. If it comes with an add-on sticker, it was done at the dealer. None of these type of accessories are done at the factory.
Yes, I meant the actual manufacturer Monroney sticker. Now, do we know if the dealer can request whomever at the port to not put it on? I'm guessing not, as if it's on the sticker it must be delivered as such. Do we know if it's an adhesive that can be pried off

If this is the accessory you are referring to, you can click on the installation instructions on that webpage and see how it is installed (if it is just adhesive or not)

Thanks. Yeah, just peel and stick, but don't know how near permanent it is. Hmmm.

you can peel it off if it was installed recently. Need some heating though and careful lift.
Whatever glue is left can be washed away with proper solvent or even wd40.

It looks as good now as it did 18 months ago. I peeled off he "cx-5" It's just a thick rubber-ish, maybe 1 mm thick, but it's fully adhesive back (not just strips of tape and folds down over the lip. I hate how almost none of the other commercial types protect that vulnerable edge

Can't find my exact one. Did an Ebay search bumper guard cx-5. Everytime I try to pos a link I just get "recommended for you, so I don't know if this link will work for you

https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Last edited:
I purchased this one for my new 2020 CX-5 Signature at the end of last year:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)
It has a lip which hangs over the back. I'm pretty sure it has a "CX-5" in the small middle section, but I don't see it in the Amazon ad.

Attachments

• Image 11-21-21 at 12.44 PM.jpg
    Image 11-21-21 at 12.44 PM.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 93
If the accessories are included in the window sticker, they were installed at post of entry. If not, they were installed at dealerships to charge you more... :)

Factory, in order to keep manufacturing streamlined, do not install accessories.

My 2021 is arriving soon and has the factory bumper guard (that metal whatever on the rear ledge) on the Maroney sticker. Is that applied in Japan, at the port, or at the dealer. Even though I'm paying for it in my sales price I really don't want it - I much prefer the full coverage I get with this aftermarket one - see attachment.

If these are installed at the port there may not be much the dealer can do to stop it. If installed at the dealer of course they don't have to put it on. Or, I'm guessing I can peel/pry it off?

View attachment 304810
I've been trying to notice the rear bumpers on other vehicles. I was behind a Honda the other day and the bumper guard looked about 1/2" thick.

Heat is probably the best way to loosen the adhesive.

Only slightly off topic; I notice that my Maroney sticker isn't in my file folder. Any place online I can find and print out another one for my VIN that won't cost me $8-$24? Like "Free"?

Back