New 2017 CX-9 Dash Cam recommendations?

PureKrome

:
2017 CX-9 Azami
Hi all,

I'm just about to pick up a new 2017 CX9 Azami in 2 weeks. Woot!

Are there any nice dash cams that work/fit with this car model? I'm assuming none come stock with an Azami.

If yes - will installation void warranty? This vehicle will be purchased/picked up from a Mazda dealer in Melbourne Australia.

Thank you kindly :)

-PK-

Hey pk fellow Azami owner from Melbourne here.
I installed a kaisser baas r40 in mine. I wanted one with wifi as I didn't want a screen.
It's available from Ted's cameras for 150. Or JB hi-fi have a rebadged model of it.
That or the blackvue are the ones to go for.
Join the cx9 Australian Facebook page. Lots of photos on there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't know of any car that comes standard with a dash cam.
There shouldn't be any warranty problem with its installation.

I've been using the BlackVue DR650S-2 channel since a couple of days after purchase one year ago.
I'm very pleased with the quality of the unit and its recordings.
If you're reasonably handy, installation is simple and it does a great job with both front and rear cameras recording to the same micro SD card.

These cars are easy to work on... Everything is just held on with clips

Thanks folks :) _Really_ appreciate the feedback too.

@Snicko - any chance for a phone-picture of the setup? i'm curious how these things are powered? (i don't want cables visible, etc).

Also .. u said it's Wifi .. so .. what use is that? As in ... i can only be _controlled_ via wifi? or does it send the images/video out over wifi to some hard-disk (instead of an SD card). Which ... is another issue/question, then. (i'm assuming it's SD for storage and wifi for access).

For people searching via Google, etc.

Links:

- https://www.kaiserbaas.com/products/r40
- http://www.dashcamownersaus.com.au/kaiser-baas-r40-gps-wi-fi

Side Note: Car pickup is this Friday from Ciry mazda :) (4 days!!!)

Thanks folks :) _Really_ appreciate the feedback too.

@Snicko - any chance for a phone-picture of the setup? i'm curious how these things are powered? (i don't want cables visible, etc).

Also .. u said it's Wifi .. so .. what use is that? As in ... i can only be _controlled_ via wifi? or does it send the images/video out over wifi to some hard-disk (instead of an SD card). Which ... is another issue/question, then. (i'm assuming it's SD for storage and wifi for access).

For people searching via Google, etc.

Links:

- https://www.kaiserbaas.com/products/r40
- http://www.dashcamownersaus.com.au/kaiser-baas-r40-gps-wi-fi

Side Note: Car pickup is this Friday from Ciry mazda :) (4 days!!!)
Hi pure krome I have pics up on the Mazda CX-9 global Facebook page and the Australia page....
All wires hidden as I'm anal like that also.

Oh and wifi meaning it doesn't have a screen so is more compact and doesnt draw attention at night. You connect to it via wifi if you want to see the image from the camera. It records to micro SD. You can download videos to your phone or pull the SD card into your computer

Wifi connection directly to the camera is also how you configure the options

Oh and wifi meaning it doesn't have a screen so is more compact and doesnt draw attention at night. You connect to it via wifi if you want to see the image from the camera. It records to micro SD. You can download videos to your phone or pull the SD card into your computer

Wifi connection directly to the camera is also how you configure the options

Oh and it's cheaper at Ted's cameras.

Sweet! ta!

> All wires hidden as I'm anal like that also.

how is it powered then? wires that go .. where/to what?

(also sent an invite to the CX9 Aus FB page)

Sweet! ta!

> All wires hidden as I'm anal like that also.

how is it powered then? wires that go .. where/to what?

(also sent an invite to the CX9 Aus FB page)
Probably just added you to it. Search dash cam...

Easier to post photos in there

I don't know of any car that comes standard with a dash cam.
There shouldn't be any warranty problem with its installation.

I've been using the BlackVue DR650S-2 channel since a couple of days after purchase one year ago.
I'm very pleased with the quality of the unit and its recordings.
If you're reasonably handy, installation is simple and it does a great job with both front and rear cameras recording to the same micro SD card.

Turborascal,

Are you using the Power magic pro with your 650? if so can you share how it is?

Thanks

Turborascal,

Are you using the Power magic pro with your 650? if so can you share how it is?

Thanks

Yes ... using the PowerMagic Pro and highly recommended.

I purchased the camera from the Dashcam Store http://www.thedashcamstore.com/ and they offer the power box along with appropriate "piggyback" fuse taps for half-price when combined with the camera.
A "always hot" fuse is tapped, along with a fuse hot only when the engine is running or accessories are engaged.

Dip switches change the power configuration.
I have mine set to power the camera down after 12 hours or if the battery voltage drops to 12.5v.
This allows the camera to operate while parked in public places.
I DO turn the power off from the switch on the front of the box when the vehicle is at home in the driveway or garage.

Fortunately for me, the only time the camera notified me of a "incident" when coming out of parking mode was related to a strong wind that shook the car.
(Yes, I have G-force the sensitivity set that low.)

I'm very pleased with operation of the PowerMagic Pro AND the BlackVue dual channel cameras installed in all of my cars.

Thanks alot for the information! I plan to get one just the 409 price range is high but it is a good investment and justifable.

One last question: where did you mount yours because i have a radar attached to my mirror.

Thanks

Thanks alot for the information! I plan to get one just the 409 price range is high but it is a good investment and justifable.

One last question: where did you mount yours because i have a radar attached to my mirror.

Thanks
IMG_7908.JPGIMG_7910.JPG

Back