What have you done to your MSP today?

It only had 8,000 on it when I bought it from Blake and I only put 6,000 on it.

You should buy it back, the next clean spicy to pop up near me I plan to get. There is one for $3200 for sale right now but the fact that it hasn't sold concerns me. If it wasn't an hour away I would go check it out. Need to get 1574 sold before I get another one.

I looked at a spicy last year that the seller told me he wanted $2k for, then when I looked at it he went up to $3k. I would have paid $3k for it if the paint wasn't shot and it wasn't covered in hail damage.

Also, did an ETS SMIC, CS charge pipes and a Forge BPV on Glassjaw's MSP last night.

The world works in very, very weird ways:

I just got a text from an old friend I haven't talked to in a couple of years. He just offered me an NA Miata for $50... $50... He bought it as a project with a failed engine (he's not very mechanically inclined, but likes to work on things when he can) a few years ago and it's been sitting in his garage taking up space since. He just wants it gone and knows I'd use it and get it going again, so he asked if I wanted it. He only wants $50 just because. It's a 95. That's about all he knows. That and the engine "stopped working". Even if I have to drop an engine into it, it's well worth the $50! I think it's an automatic, but not sure.

0471052d26504d80771b21f6044a5e29.jpg
c22ba639b3a96e9146ad05d6d4f2b143.jpg
1d9185e56653c23aaef894eb3137415d.jpg
9897bb659107f5f07fd5e3a20e1ed2fd.jpg

Well, have a new toy.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Nice pickup, can't beat a $50 car. Those BP18s can handle about 14psi on the stock motor.

Put a new alternator/wp belt on 1574 today, belt was off a bit on the crank when I replaced the alt and I shredded it in about 5 minutes lol so I needed a new one.

And I washed 1345 for the first time in weeks. I have 1 BBS officially stripped of all the brown paint and ready to paint. Going to finish the next 3 before I repaint them. I picked a bronze color for the wheels but I may change my mind. Probably going to paint the valve cover to match the wheels.

Last edited:
Any ideas on what color to do the wheels? I like bronze or gold on the gray, maybe a dark gun metal or a plain silver would look good. Definitely not going to do black, and I think too light of a gray that matches the paint would be too much of a monochromatic look which I'm not crazy about. The accent will look better.

Personally,i have some MB weapon's in gunmetal w/laser mica blue and i get lots of complements on the wheels.I Used to not like the bronze w/grey but its lately growing on me.

That's what I was thinking, they were a really dark bronze before. Wanted something similar but a bit lighter.
Before:

I have gold/bronze MB Weapons on my other MSP (they are alright, not crazy about them but good wheels for the money and they came on the car)

Im partial to white wheels ha.
been enjoying the week with a car that doesnt make weird rattle and clanky noises! and having a working lsd makes a real difference. almost forgot how onpoint the stock setup was cause so much of it was broken or just worn out heh.
I do need a set of struts and pretty much all the rear links as one side has a bent lateral, the other has a bent trailing lol.
had to strip my spare engine down to smaller peices on friday. had a bit of a time trying to carry the bottom end home though. had to shimmy it along a few feet a time as its just a little too heavy to Heman it around. after im done spooging a bunch of sealer in my interior ill start tearing that guy down and maybe get it checked out at machine shop.
the sad reality that what i spend on rc could have a built engine in my car is real. the xray 1.8th buggy i just built could prob have pauter rods and weisco pistons in plus new bearings and whatever machinework.

Yeah I like it, it's just a little too brown, want more of a gold-bronze color and less red/brown.

Going to look at this tomorrow if it hasn't sold. Used to have a red 02 P5, wouldn't mind having another for a daily. Will make selling 1574 easier. 1574 is running great, just want to get that damn back window tint off and replace the windshield. I hit a huge bump in the road and cracked it even worse today.

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/6121673753.html

Got tires for the RHs and got them on the car, lowered the front by replacing with the Tokico HPs and Eibach springs off the old protege which this solved a bent strut on the passenger front, and blown struts on both sides. Also replaced the slotted rotors on the MZ6 front brake swap that came from the old car with new blanks to solve some vibrations. And wet sanded and buffed the front and rear lip to get them glossy.

I had some fun in the sun with my plastic friends today. I replaced the white one (VICS?). The car seems to be running fine again, but I haven't driven it far enough to really test it out.

It's been a CEL semester, but now that finals are over, I can get back to fixing things! My summer job starts soon, so we'll see what else I can get squared away before Fall...

Attachments

• DSC08407.jpg
    DSC08407.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 157
  • DSC08406.jpg
    DSC08406.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 159
Pulling my original 176k mile turbo on the forged car (#1345) to install a low mileage T25, Forge WGA with 14psi spring and Steedspeed mani. One of my ARP studs was missing somehow, gotta go pull one off my stock engine. The stock turbo was blown, once I had the hot pipe off there was oil all in it. Not the worst I've seen but definitely not good.

Back