What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Finally installed the rear speakers (Pioneer TS-G1644R):

IMG_20150502_150657.jpg

No noticeable change in sound quality but better than the OEM speakers.

I polished my exhaust tips. I used #0000 steal wool and some Maas metal polish that I had on hand. Any polish would have worked I assume. The difference is night and day and really help make them stand out. Maybe someday I'll get some 3.5" tips welded on but until then I'm happy with these.

Before:
attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks bob-loblaw, and always rememb: "there is always money in the banana stand!!!"

I polished my exhaust tips. I used #0000 steal wool and some Maas metal polish that I had on hand. Any polish would have worked I assume. The difference is night and day and really help make them stand out. Maybe someday I'll get some 3.5" tips welded on but until then I'm happy with these.

This looks really good! I have steel wool lying around and might pick up some metal cleaner.

That does look good... I am going to have to do that myself.
Just make sure you use #0000 steal wool. You could go up to #000 if it's really bad but anything more aggressive and you'll be scratching it not polishing it. Happy polishing, now go rub your tips! Wait that sounded bad....

Just make sure you use #0000 steal wool. You could go up to #000 if it's really bad but anything more aggressive and you'll be scratching it not polishing it. Happy polishing, now go rub your tips! Wait that sounded bad....

So no Brillo Pads? (lol2)

Just make sure you use #0000 steal wool. You could go up to #000 if it's really bad but anything more aggressive and you'll be scratching it not polishing it. Happy polishing, now go rub your tips! Wait that sounded bad....[/QU

(headshake

Do a web search for DROP STOP and it will be. Buy one for yourself and you will be happy you did.

Sorry for the blurry picture, but I think you can see what I installed.

94bb497792ee65c18e89ae9b87f7a0d8.jpg

This is what he installed. I was using two black microfiber towels as my ghetto version of it (worked just as good too), but I found the Drop Stops on the clearance aisle at Wally World for $5 a piece, so bought two and they are doing the job now [emoji106]

Last edited:
It probably has saved many lives. People drop things in the crack, take their eyes off the road and disaster . Great for gifts. Buy one for your spouse. If you look at Amazon reviews and the histogram, this device is a no brainer. I bought mine at QVC-they have a good video on the benefits.

Latest posts

Back