SoCal: New owner

No trunk monkey. Then again, I don't give SCIC salutes either.

Here are a few photos of the WRX.

Some in-car track videos

Laguna Seca:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SIRM_4cXX5M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Buttonwillow Raceway 13 Clockwise:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Qc36mtqRTcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Maybe we should have a SoCal 5 owners' family gathering? Hahaha :)

did this ever happen? I don't own a scooby though. I believe I have the only mz5 on EVO rims in all of LA, wave if you see me; we're always at the DTLA splash pad and LA Zoo area (no pedo, just babysitting).

Welcome to Mazdas247, Loren :)

Congrats on both new babies ;)

I really like the EVO wheels and thought about getting them. Any pics?

I am putting the 2012 MS3 wheels/tires on the Mazda5 this weekend.

Added MS3 wheels this AM

Attachments

• IMAG2701.jpg
    IMAG2701.jpg
    946.3 KB · Views: 97
What is Zeal Red?

Mine is ugly copper red. Closest to red I could get. Really its a maroon. COlor for old people. But whatever...

Wish it came in ford focus yelow, or mustang grabber green..or even the honda civic si yellow..or my mazdaspeed Celestial blue..

Can't win them all..

As much as love black interior (my s2000 is rio yellow with black leather), and my Elise is chilli red with biscuit interior...

in CA, ligther interior is better for me

Zeal Red is the official name for the 5's red. My wife and I liked the Clear Water Blue better than the Deep Crystal Blue, but there aren't any MY2013 Grand Tourings around in that color.

I figured the black interior would be better because it wouldn't show dirt as much with a newborn who will spend much time in the van when we are out and about and to cope the various cargo we will toss into it over the years.

Last edited:
Zeal Red is the official name for the 5's red. My wife and I liked the Clear Water Blue better than the Deep Crystal Blue, but there aren't any MY2013 Grand Tourings around in that color.

I figured the black interior would be better because it wouldn't show dirt as much with a newborn who will spend much time in the van when we are out and about and to cope the various cargo we will toss into it over the years.

Interesting. I have my build sheet and docs right here, and it clearly says Copper Red Mazda5. When we were buying, Browning was only dealer had a Copper Red Sport.

No body had GT or Touring in anything but white/silver. So I had to wait a month to get a COpper from Santa Monica Mazda (which closed 7 months after I bought my car).

T.O. mazda where I bought my mazdaspeed, also is closed.

Few months later Culver City Mazda opened, and now there is ANOTHER santa monica mazda (owned by SM Infiniti) that opened...

My wife had a 2010 PHRT GT Silver Miata with black leather interior. We sold that, and bought the 2012 Mazda 5 in summer of 2011, when we had our newborn.

Since then we added another kid. So I have a 3 year old and a new born. My interior looks as good as new.

Reason no issues with seats with kids (at least for me), they sit in car seats. If they spill or drop food, it gets in car seat.

In essence the car seat acts as seat covers.....

As far as cargo, no issues for me, because back of the seat are black. So when I put the dual stroller or beach toys, its all black back there.

Then again if my kids destroyed my cars interior like I see of people with minivans, I would put them up for adoption.

Living in Singapore long term..has taught me a lot of being OCD clean :)

Last edited:
^^^
VEry possible.

Paint quality is still junk like rest of the Mazda lineup..regardless of what they call the name..

LOL

Added MS3 wheels this AM
if you don't mind, how much did the new wheels/tires run you?

I figured the black interior would be better because it wouldn't show dirt as much with a newborn
this has proved to be true.

btw, MPK has received a TON of new playground upgrades (La Loma, Elder, etc. that are mostly dirt-less, so when your kid's ready to walk/play, it won't be as bad.

Back