New mirrors for 2015?

I think Lexus wants some of the CX-5 action too. Check out new Lexus NX (compact lux crossover/SUV) to be available this summer.

This is actually my first car with indicators in the wing mirror.

To me its just for style and cost reduction, what was wrong with an indicator in the side of the front wing, apart from probably being a little dearer to install.

Its also the first car for a very long time with the mirror mounted into the door rather than the quadrant, which is my preferred position, again I think its just for style the way its fitted now, and again it makes no sense to me, fitting a mirror into a thin door skin then having to fit extra structural brackets just to stop them shaking?, so no weight reduction and maybe extra install costs?

My Xtrail had a very annoying vibrating interior rear view mirror, the first on any car I've had, so I know how annoying it must be for those with vibrating wing mirrors, luckerly mine are ok, I do get movement when towing due to clamping on extension mirrors but little more than previous cars, if I did have the vibrating wing mirror problem i'm afraid the car would have to go, failing any attempted repair.

I think Lexus wants some of the CX-5 action too. Check out new Lexus NX (compact lux crossover/SUV) to be available this summer.

Yeah, I saw that while I was searching for sporty SUVs. I was looking at an RX350/400h. But for a used Lexus I instead bought a new CX for about the same price.
I wonder how much of that NX concept is going to make it in the production car.

Yeah, I saw that while I was searching for sporty SUVs. I was looking at an RX350/400h. But for a used Lexus I instead bought a new CX for about the same price.
I wonder how much of that NX concept is going to make it in the production car.

Keep Googling. Full sets of pics are now out of the production version of Lexus NX, it's nicely styled, like the CX-5. I think production NX was first shown in Bejing.

Time for another dealer service department, IMHO. What you are experiencing is not acceptable.

In northern California, our normal freeway cruising speeds are around 75-80 mph, I have no unusual mirror vibration on my 2013, built in Feb. 2012.

I'm going to try one more time with a different dealer, but I'm sure Mazda at this point might say they've fixed it twice and not authorize another repair. We'll see what happens.

Thanks for the heads up CX-SV, I'll check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keep Googling. Full sets of pics are now out of the production version of Lexus NX, it's nicely styled, like the CX-5. I think production NX was first shown in Bejing.
Looks kinda' like a tall CT200h from the rear, but man, that spindle grill thing is really getting out of hand!(hand)

Attachments

• 2015-Lexus-NX-200t-F-Sport-front-three-quarters.jpg
    2015-Lexus-NX-200t-F-Sport-front-three-quarters.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 644
  • 2015-Lexus-NX-36.jpg
    2015-Lexus-NX-36.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 547
lexus-nx.jpg

The "major grill" is always on the F-Sport versions. I think the NX is loosely Rav4-derived. Should have a turbo 4 banger, something needed to be offered by Lexus to compete w/BMW and Mercedes.

Looks kinda' like a tall CT200h from the rear, but man, that spindle grill thing is really getting out of hand!(hand)

Yep... that Grill is funky... Its going to make it to the top 10 of ugliest car grills for sure:
http://www.cars.com/go/advice/Story.jsp?section=top&story=top-10-ugly-grilles&subject=more
Notice Mazda's smile grill also in there... good thing that's over with.

I actually like how Jaguar's concept SUV (looks like a mix between a CX5 and range rover Evoque...well done Jaguar) has incorporated the turn signals in the mirrors:
2013_jaguar_c_x17_suv_concept_09_1-0910.jpg

0A2A2786.jpg

Concept_JAGUAR_C-X17_SUV_4X4_rear_pic-112.jpg

Nice Jag concept riding on 22's, looks mid-sized, (not compact). Another smooth top, Mazda was ahead of these later SUV's with the smooth top (no rack, making it optional).

Last edited:
NX has many design elements and styling clichs of CX-5 GT including: smooth top (no rack, optional if needed), black wheel lip moldings, wide track and wide body, dual outlet polished exhaust tips, integrated mirror signal lights, big easily identified brand-specific grill, blacked out side glass effect (including black window trim), 19" wheels, use of black trim in lower valence areas to reduce visual height, etc.

The Lexus NX is ugly.
The Jaguar is very nice, I have seen it at the LA auto show. I owned a Jaguar, not to long ago.

The Lexus NX is ugly.
The Jaguar is very nice, I have seen it at the LA auto show. I owned a Jaguar, not to long ago.

Once you put normal wheels on the jag it will look meh.

They always use good looking rims on the show, but once the car gets to the people it is very different.

Once you put normal wheels on the jag it will look meh.

They always use good looking rims on the show, but once the car gets to the people it is very different.

Yes, And most likely Jag will offer some very nice wheels for North American market, being a premium SUV. For example many new Porsche Cayennes (similar size and price range) are on some nice 21's from factory. Even the much smaller RR Evoque rides on standard 19's with many equipped with optional 20's.

Test drove a '15 with the new lights and the vibration issue still exist on the driver side. Do you know if this happens with all CX-5's or is it only certain ones?

Test drove a '15 with the new lights and the vibration issue still exist on the driver side. Do you know if this happens with all CX-5's or is it only certain ones?

It does seems inconsistent. I have an early '15 with no mirror shake.
Unless I turn up the bass with the subwoofer.

Back