Korean Console Armrest Pad FINALLY Arrived!

:
23 CX-5 Premium
After five long weeks (they claim first one got lost in transit) I finally received the black vinyl padded console armrest I ordered on ebay
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

A couple of you have wondered how this works and what it looks like inside an actual CX-5, so I have posted links to a couple of pics I took of the inside of my Touring model. One gives you an idea how it looks in a black interior under natural light, the other, using flash, gives you a little better idea of how much height it adds and how it fits. The width is pretty much exactly the width of the factory armrest; the length is an inch or two short, but no matter because that's in the rear which is only visible to the rear seat passengers. Quality and comfort are good and it is snug enough to not move around at all. BTW, you'll notice I ordered the one they market to Subaru owners (all black with red stitching) mainly because I did not want the red vinyl strip down the center that they market to Mazda owners. They're all the same, they just stitch up different color options for different model cars. Go figure?
My first impression was, as I had feared prior to ordering it, that it was going to add too much height at 2.5". However, after fiddling around with the seat height (raising it almost all the way) and placement, I got it to where it feels fairly natural and actually makes for more comfortable placement of my left arm on the window sill. I still would have preferred it to be 1.5" thick, but it makes for a more useful center rest, doesn't look too tacky and for "less than $20" including shipping, I'm happy with it. Just be prepared for a long wait if you order one!

Attachments

• console1.jpg
    console1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 1,848
  • console2.jpg
    console2.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 1,685
Last edited:
Just bought one. Thanks for the heads-up! eBay says I should receive it before April 1st. I'll keep your experience in mind...

Does it stay in place when you open the top? What if you leave it open to look for something that dropped to the bottom.

Just bought one. Thanks for the heads-up! eBay says I should receive it before April 1st. I'll keep your experience in mind...

It arrived today, pretty much in the advertised shipping delay (a tad early, actually). The provided Tracking# didn't work, but I got the item and it seems very nice!

Yea...for me, it addressed the height issue, but not the shortness issue. Ideally, the armrest would be about 3" longer in the front, but it's 50% better than it was and it's not bad looking either!

Just received mine yesterday and installed it this evening. For the price... what the heck, it's very light and fits and feels nice on the elbow. It would be so much better without the read stitching though. But for less the $20, I'm not complaining.

Just received mine yesterday and installed it this evening. For the price... what the heck, it's very light and fits and feels nice on the elbow. It would be so much better without the read stitching though. But for less the $20, I'm not complaining.
I agree. For $20 one can't go too wrong. I am kinda of liking the red stitching though. It will compliment my interior nicely.

Mine arrived this week too. For me, it's a little taller than I'd like, but it's perfect for my wife. Definitely worth the $20, and mine arrived about 2 weeks after the order. Not bad shipping from Korea.

Mine arrived this week too. For me, it's a little taller than I'd like, but it's perfect for my wife. Definitely worth the $20, and mine arrived about 2 weeks after the order. Not bad shipping from Korea.
I had the same reaction to the height, but moved the seat up to almost it's highest position and that worked OK. Plus, it put the window sill at a more appropriate height for my elbow. Unfortunately, there are no perfect answers here; the ergonomics on this car basically suck.

Got mine in five days! The straps are a little tight. I was afraid I would rip them out. But at least it stays on snug. I finally have something to rest my elbow on and cover up the scratches I put in my console hauling boards. Thanks for the tip of ordering the Subaru version. The red stripe would be nice if I had a red car, but I like the black-on-black better.

Here's a tip for board hauling-- Harbor Freight sells a black stitched moving blanket for $5. I keep a couple folded up in back, where they don't take up any room and disappear against the black interior. When I have something long or large or awkward that I need to slide through (or just want to keep from poking things), I wrap the downstream end in moving blanket. I learned that after I more or less destroyed the interior of my former Jetta Wagon by using it like a pickup truck-- which I fully intend to do with my CX-5, but this time I'm taking pains to keep her pretty.

I agree on the tightness of the straps, almost thought I would snap them as well. It probably won't be fun taking it off if I ever have to.

Anyways, since I haven't seen any owner provided pics, thought I would show some to everyone so they can see it.

I agree on the tightness of the straps, almost thought I would snap them as well. It probably won't be fun taking it off if I ever have to.

Anyways, since I haven't seen any owner provided pics, thought I would show some to everyone so they can see it.
?? I provided pics in the very first post.

?? I provided pics in the very first post.

That's my bad, for some reason your attachments weren't showing up on my tablet -I can see them now with my laptop. Thanks for telling us about this, definitely made me more comfortable in my seat instead of having to lean sideways to rest my arm.

Back