last few things before i start up!

:
03.5 msp titanium
ok, as title says, im about to start my car after about a long 2.5yr build

q1
how many damn exh o2 sensors are there?! 2 for the car and 1 for my wideband??
1 is near the connection of downpipe-exhaust underneath the car - check

1 is on the manifold??
1 is just after the turbo??
2 on the manifold??
which does my wideband go on? manifold or downpipe??

q2
got 1 plug that i dont know where it goes to; anyone got a quick answer for me?! heres a pic
its located at front right corner of engine (while looking from front) just on the side of the block, near where coolant flange comes in
20130902_123804_resized.jpg

q3
a few vac lines to connect still;
both bov and turbo wastegate go to intake mani vac??
will need help installing solenoid for the EBC; anyone have experience??

q4
with new injectors (440); do i need to pre-set and/or have laptop attached to ssaf/tc, ready before/on/after? startup??

q5
plug 2 i dont know where it goes exactly, i think these last 2 are the last... do they go together?!@#%^ the plug looks damn similar to what mates with plug on q2, almost looks like they fit but they are so damn far away from each other!!
heres a pic <3
20130925_171425_resized.jpg

q6
this is pic of my fuel press regulating solenoid, got that plug connected correctly right?!!?! got to make sure people, got to make sure!!
20130925_171442_resized.jpg

q7
i think ive stripped a bolt on the block for my exhaust mani; is there enough tolerance there for me to be able to drill the thread out and re-tap one size larger??

any help is greatly appreciated!!

hopefully i can start my car up in next few days!!@!@!@!!! yay

Last edited:
a1: 1 sensor in the manifold, 1 in the midpipe after the cat. The wideband one is best placed in the downpipe.

a3: BOV and WGA are ok going to intake manifold, but would be best off the brake booster line. Get a vacuum block and problem solved.

red and yellow wire-plug. got it :p lets see if i can find and match though..

thanks!!

few more q's to go :D

Q2. looks like the plug to the reverse switch thats in front of the trans. its a drain plug looking sensor sitting right under the fill plug to the trans

Q4. would suggest loading a pre-set map from the AFC library for the 440cc injectors to be able to start the car properly. and adjust and tune to your needs

Q6. looks right, you should theoretically be ok with that.

A7: yes but, not much. I had to drill and tap then i put the appropriate helical insert in so the bolt/stud was the same size.

Q2. looks like the plug to the reverse switch thats in front of the trans. its a drain plug looking sensor sitting right under the fill plug to the trans
awesome, ill be looking..
q5 relates to my purge solenoid correct?? is there no way that connects to the plug from q2 as you describe??

reverse switch huh.. let me go bury my face in my enginebay

thanks

so this pic is from a p5?! the wiring colors must be different because i cant find any red+red/white plugs; anywhere... im about to put my 2 misc plugs together and cross my fingers

i beleive it is but i can see if my friends msp is the same color as mine. and ill tell ya

awesome, ill be looking..
q5 relates to my purge solenoid correct?? is there no way that connects to the plug from q2 as you describe??

reverse switch huh.. let me go bury my face in my enginebay

thanks

yep. 2 sensors on the trans. one in front the other on the bottom near the shift linkage is the neutral position switch. both same sensor. different connectors.

Q2 connector goes to a small black box that bolts to the driver's side of the head with a 10mm headed bolt.

I have mine ziptied to the harness when I did a mini wire tuck a while back. I don't know if it needs to be grounded or not but the car runs fine either way.

ive got an air nipple on my intake, thought that it went to the cam-cover vent but im really thinking not so much now.. wheres the air nipple go from my intake (between filter and turbo) and wheres the case vent air hose go to??

Back