2014 Mazda3?

ANOTHER NEWS NOTE:

I think I have heard that, if Mazda does get the next-generation Mazda3 into production before the years end, the first year of production will take place in Japan until they can get their plant in Mexico ready. Mexican-built Mazda3's will begin in year two of it's life cycle, but that is all assuming they get it to production by the end of this year.

I guess I'll be buying one during the first year. Having a Mexican built Mazda just doesn't seem right to me.

If this is the 3 sedan, it looks like a lil Maserati

Attachments

• Mazda 3.jpg
    Mazda 3.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 411
My guess is it might be the lower-power version in the 3. But 150 hp and 280 lb-ft would still be plenty for the 3. Besides which, I've heard the std. and high-output versions of the Skyactiv-D are identical internally. Only difference is the ECU tuning, supposedly. The diesel will probably be auto-only for the 6 and CX-5, but if Mazda's smart, it will offer it with a manual in the 3. Supposedly quite a few Golf and Jetta TDIs are sticks.

I'd guess that the diesel 3 would have the higher output to give it an edge over the Jetta/Golf and Cruze diesel. It would also have to be offered in manual as I'm pretty sure both competitors have the manual as standard.

I'd guess that the diesel 3 would have the higher output to give it an edge over the Jetta/Golf and Cruze diesel. It would also have to be offered in manual as I'm pretty sure both competitors have the manual as standard.

The Cruze is automatic only. But I'd expect the Mazda to offer the manual with the diesel; about half of the Jetta/Golf TDI's I see are manuals.

I don't think it's a good idea that Mazda is going with the same face for the CX-5, 6, and 3. I know that brand and design recognition is important, but this is going overboard. I like how the 09-12 Mazda 6 and 10-13 Mazda 3 have their own styling with a very small amount of similarities. Although I like Mazda's new Kodo design, I hope the ND MX-5 will NOT have the same exact face.

If I'm not in a rush to go anywhere and do 60-65mph, I can do 45-50 mpg in my Skyactiv 3. The next gen 3 with the 4-2-1 manifold and lighter weight Skyactiv platform should do even better. Why go with diesel?

DKaz, you must be babying it and doing all highway to get 45 to 50 mpg's in 2012 skyactiv 3. I have gotten that range on a 400 mile trip that had max speeds of 65 mpg's, but that isn't typical driving for me. I seem to average more in the 36 to 39 mpg's in 80% highway and 20% city.

Feeling the long hood and the overall design. There appears to be space under the hood for the 4-2-1 header and a twin scroll turbo. I would think the 2.0L Sky Active-G with DISI, twin scroll turbo and 4-2-1 header would make a good choice. 280 hp/300 ft.-lbs. tq. for numbers. Maybe, it's wishful thinking,but one can dream!

I worked at a Mazda Dealer recently, and there will be a 2014 hatchback out end of this year. they have already scheduled training for it late this summer for employees

Remember that time when I said it was going to be out for 2014 model this year.

"Nailed it" - Barney Stinson

Back