My ugly '99 Protege project car. BTW, I'm new, so HI. :)

aMYOOZ

:
1999 Mazda Protege LX
Hey all! I'm a noob to all of this. I have a '99 Mazda Protege LX 5 speed with 153k. I picked it up for $250. I figured it ran, why not. Lol. It was involved in a front end hit. See below. Driver headlight will need some readjusting too. I'm thinking of just going with a Protege front end now while I'm replacing all this anyway. Hoping it's an easy conversion too lol. Above the passenger taillight is bent and a little rusted. I have a check engine light for P0171 and P0420 (which I have already searched and found info on thanks. :p). Found a Protege at the yard with black/grey interior in decent condition, planning and switch that out for this ugly brown. -_-

Anyway, here it is...don't laugh too much.. lol

Attachments

• IMG_0327.JPG
    IMG_0327.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 805
  • IMG_0328.JPG
    IMG_0328.JPG
    28.9 KB · Views: 787
  • IMG_0329.JPG
    IMG_0329.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 772
  • IMG_0330.JPG
    IMG_0330.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 759
  • IMG_0331.JPG
    IMG_0331.JPG
    27.8 KB · Views: 768
Yeah it needs a little work butwith time itll be there. My best advice for parts is right bere on 247 just check the FS threads i got about 90% of my parts from there for my 99.

I bought a normal protege hood and grille for now. Should be coming in Monday. Once that's done I'll start getting the p5 front and switching out my brown interior for the black/gray one. :) I'm anxious! :D

I bought a normal protege hood and grille for now. Should be coming in Monday. Once that's done I'll start getting the p5 front and switching out my brown interior for the black/gray one. :) I'm anxious! :D

Well if your going to do the complete front end conversion then your going to need the bumper with crash bar, 01 & up hood, fenders, and headlights. Or you can do what im going to do and make the bumper fit without changing any of the other parts.

As for interior i have a pretty much complete grey interior i swapped mine for black so if your interested lmk ill take some pics.

Welcome to the forums bro!
thank you! :)

Well if your going to do the complete front end conversion then your going to need the bumper with crash bar, 01 & up hood, fenders, and headlights. Or you can do what im going to do and make the bumper fit without changing any of the other parts.
As for interior i have a pretty much complete grey interior i swapped mine for black so if your interested lmk ill take some pics.
How are you planning on making the bumper fit without the other parts? I'm curious lol. I found a full interior to strip at at the junkyard. Just hoping it's all still there when I'm able to pay for it! LOL

Not sure yet maybe cut both in half use the top 99and the bottom of the msp or have a shop mod it to fit. Well if you dont het the stuff from the other pro lmk im looking to let mine go cheap just need to get rid of it.

Not sure yet maybe cut both in half use the top 99and the bottom of the msp or have a shop mod it to fit. Well if you dont het the stuff from the other pro lmk im looking to let mine go cheap just need to get rid of it.
Let me know how that goes. Whether it's worth the work or not.

i have a black dash if you want for a good price
I'm planning to go check if they actually saved the interior for me today or tomorrow. If not I'll def be PM'ing you and speedracr79.

I got the new hood installed and the grille semi installed. I'll take a pic tomorrow if I remember. Still looking for the beam the hoodlatch is bolted on to so the grille can sit correctly. If anyone sees or hears of one please LMK!!

I've been rather busy with work so I haven't had the chance to start swapping the brown interior for the gray/black. I should have a chance tomorrow. Don't know what to start with yet though.

I might end up yanking the 4 black doors so I don't have to mess the the panels too much (door locks) since the passenger ones are a bit dented. I haven't checked to see if I can bang them out though..

Ok, enough rambling.. LOL

Back