I replaced my End Links With MOOG .

M2P503

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Hey every one i just wanted to share the good News ! I replaced my End links with MOOG end Links ! There 10 x better because there thicker and more reliable and there pretty good! The Job took me like 6 hours(deadhorse though because the Alen Bolt was so Rusted it ended up Stripping so i had to cut it off with a Wheel Grinder ! The only aggravating part about using the Wheel Grinder was i grinned into the Sway Bar trying to Remove the 14 MM Bolt but it's ok it didn't go that deep Regardless im Upgrading to an AWR racing Sway Bar soon TBA! But the other side came off just fine i didn't have to cut it off at all! Thank GOD!! Just look at the Pictures of the old End Links there totally trashed . Here's some pics of the Job right underneath check it out and let me know what you think!(drinks)

Attachments

• EBAY STUFF !! 098.jpg
    EBAY STUFF !! 098.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 576
  • EBAY STUFF !! 095.jpg
    EBAY STUFF !! 095.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 435
  • EBAY STUFF !! 090.jpg
    EBAY STUFF !! 090.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 441
  • EBAY STUFF !! 085.jpg
    EBAY STUFF !! 085.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 481
  • EBAY STUFF !! 086.jpg
    EBAY STUFF !! 086.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 526
Last edited:
I just bought the escape endlinks yesterday, around $50 bucks for both. I'm hoping it solves the rattle whenever I hit a bump on the driver's side...so I can focus on the other 5 or 6 from the bodywork (sadbanana)

Mopar92
I wonder if this is my mystery clunk that I have. My alignment guy " couldn't find anything"...

I was told by my mechanic that if the noise stops when you turn that it's the endlinks, if that helps any!

I wonder if this is my mystery clunk that I have. My alignment guy " couldn't find anything"...
I would say so because i went and replaced my EndLinks and right after i replaced them My Clunking noises went away! Problem solved!

I just bought the escape endlinks yesterday, around $50 bucks for both. I'm hoping it solves the rattle whenever I hit a bump on the driver's side...so I can focus on the other 5 or 6 from the bodywork (sadbanana)

If you replaced the EndLinks and theres no more Noise your problem is solved!
I was told by my mechanic that if the noise stops when you turn that it's the endlinks, if that helps any!

bought some moog endlinks (escape) today at O'reillys auto parts..20 bucks a piece and they came with the fittings for grease.

bought some moog endlinks (escape) today at O'reillys auto parts..20 bucks a piece and they came with the fittings for grease.

I can confirm this, the ford escape endlinks do come with the fittings. And holy crap what a difference. turned my car from a rattling mess to a car again.

2002 AWD V6 Escape, mine came with grease fittings, and were only 9$ a piece from auto zone. The rears on the other hand cost about 36$ a piece and had to get them from a more "professional" source.

2002 AWD V6 Escape, mine came with grease fittings, and were only 9$ a piece from auto zone. The rears on the other hand cost about 36$ a piece and had to get them from a more "professional" source.

$9 ea. ? how'd you manage that?

Funny that the Escape ones look like the OEM stock ones LOL. Funny that the $20 Moog OReilly ones look exactly like the Duralast $9 dollar ones at Autozone. Food for though.....

:edit:.....
I just bought both the $9.99 Endlinks from AutoZone off the Ford Escape. They in fact do have a grease fitting and also say Moog on them instead of the Duralast brand name. I am thinking misplaced or mislabeled but they are the more expensive MOOG ones and not the ones pictured above.

Last edited:
:edit:.....
I just bought both the $9.99 Endlinks from AutoZone off the Ford Escape. They in fact do have a grease fitting and also say Moog on them instead of the Duralast brand name. I am thinking misplaced or mislabeled but they are the more expensive MOOG ones and not the ones pictured above.

When I called and asked about them, I was told that they were the duralast brand, and kind of dissapointed.

Then when i got back from autozonr and looked at them closer, they in fact had Moog on them, and I was also curious to why they were Moog and not the said Duralast...interesting..

PIC
CIMG3264.jpg

Last edited:
ehhhhh i wanna say 180886 or somthing like that. i called autozone and asked for the mazda protege ones and they had ones that were 8.5 inches long and ones that were 7.25 inches and got the shorter ones part number and went to my loocal part store and got moog ones.

Would you guys know if these end links will fit an early 2000 Protege ES if I installed the Racing Beat front sway bar that came standard on the Mazdaspeed Proteges?

Just took a trip to my local Autozone to check out these front end links, Part No. 18348. The good news is that they and are actually made by Moog under the Duralast brand. Measuring 10" center to center, these will fit late the 2000-2003 Proteges. The bad news is that they will NOT fit Proteges manufactured prior to October 2000, which is when Mazda changed the length of the front end links from 8" to 10" in order to suit the manufacturer of the strut housings.

Oh well...unless I can find a beefier alternative to the stock links, I'm really tempted to spring for the adjustable AWR links now...

Last edited:
Back