My new turbo setup

The kit comes with everything you see here:

attachment.php

Attachments

• mazda_protege_turbo_kit.jpg
    mazda_protege_turbo_kit.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 2,181
How much does a project like this total? Kit and labor?

$3500 for the kit, and you're probably looking at around 10 hours labor depending on the shop (or you can DIY, but you will have to weld a bung in your oil pan).

isnt 4grand a bit much? hell you could buy a turbo'd civic for less then that kit

It's $3500, not 4 grand. And honestly no, it's not much - in fact, it's quite inexpensive for what you get. Every single person who has seen this kit in real life can't believe it's only $3500. We set out to make the best kit we can at a reasonable price, and that's exactly what we did. Sure, we could have built the kit for less, but it would have included Chinese knock-off turbo parts, a crappy manifold, worm clamps, ebay couplers, an internal wastegate, etc.

Bottom line - you won't find a kit of this quality anywhere on the planet for $3500, especially for a limited market like the Protege. Past turbo kits for the protege weren't this nice and they cost $500-$2000 more. If you want a used turbocharged civic and you can find one for less than $3500, have at it.

I had a question regarding the kit. Did you have to install a different oil pan or did you tap into the stock one for the oil return line for the turbo? Did you have to install a different windage tray? I have a 2003 mazda protege and i want to install a turbo. Been trying to find a reliable kit and i believe this one may be it.

You can do either. You don't have to install the Windage tray either.

Let me know if you have an more questions

The way we have our kit setup, you have to weld a bung into your oil pan. It can be a stock or an aftermarket pan.

Not yet, been busy as hell and haven't gotten a chance to take a day and drive up to the dyno.

That said, you would definitely be happy with the power.

Back