2010 and 2011 Siruis Antenna Mounting?

nuru

:
2010 CX-9 Touring
I had the dealer's service team install the factory Sirius kit, and to my surprise it looks like an aftermarket installation on the antenna? The antenna mount has the wire exposed like an after market installation kit. See pic attached. I think that there is a part number change on the 2011 for the install kit, but I could have sworn the antenna wire is attached like most factory installations where the cable connects to the antenna via the mounting post versus the way it is attached in my installation. Can anyone with a 2011 verify this please?

Attachments

• Sirius SAT Antenna 2010.jpg
    Sirius SAT Antenna 2010.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 553
I used the extension that came with the antenna. It's like a long skinny piece about 4" long. The wire feeds into a slot on the bottom of it and it angles down the curve behind the back door. It' hides the wiring wire and I think it looks better. This comes with the antenna. It's almost the same as any OEM sirius antenna.

I noticed the antenna from 2009 back is different from 2010 and later.
My 2010 factory pre-installed has long antenna module and the wire has to be through a hole under the antenna into the ceiling.

I noticed the antenna from 2009 back is different from 2010 and later.
My 2010 factory pre-installed has long antenna module and the wire has to be through a hole under the antenna into the ceiling.

Yep, that is what I am looking for. They gave me an old style Kit, so now I have to try and get the new style antenna, which mounts the way you describe. I also have to remove the glued on antenna too.

I used the extension that came with the antenna. It's like a long skinny piece about 4" long. The wire feeds into a slot on the bottom of it and it angles down the curve behind the back door. It' hides the wiring wire and I think it looks better. This comes with the antenna. It's almost the same as any OEM sirius antenna.

Thanks, but they did not leavve me any additional parts. Also on my Pacifica, I mounted the antenna the way it is shown in zoom zoom Fan's picture "antenna through the roof."

I am still trying to chase down that slim antenna for the Sirius install. Sofar it seems that it shows up on the factory installed Sirius radios but no one has been able to be me a part number for ordering it. It looks like I am gonna have to find a wrecked car or one in a shop with the interior taken apart to get the number? I am pretty sure it can be ordered from Mazda or their supplier. Just getting the part number or source is the key. Should be a pretty easy install (bore hole in roof, coat hole with Rustoleneum, push fit antenna through hole, take antenna cable , connect Antenna cable to antenna and Sirius Module), and they are probably using the same SAT Module.

OBTW, the Sirius SAT kit now has been upgraded (Only a software mod) 0000-81-Z30A, is now 0000-81-Z30B. So anyone that orders the kit should order the following two numbers: 0000-81-Z30B and 0000-81-N06B. A dealer told me that Mazda told them that the mechanical parts are still the same just that there is only a software change

Last edited:
Anyone install a Sirius module themselves? Looking for info on removing center dash console to get to back of radio.

Anyone install a Sirius module themselves? Looking for info on removing center dash console to get to back of radio.

Nope, however, most of the interior parts pull apart on the center dashboard, and then snap back into place, you can ask your dealer to print out the instructions, hopefully they will.

Back