What have you done to your Miata today?

Fabbed up a windblocker out of some plexiglass to keep the wife happy. It isn't the greatest effort but works well. I'm not happy with the glare I get though so will be brainstorming about another solution.

Did the fun run today. With only 39 people we all got 8 runs (5 in one direction, 3 in the other). Reversed course flowed better and I was able to get my time jut under a minute. Pretty happy with that until I can get some better tires. Car handled much better with a good alignment.

Finished the headlights i had for sale so i can now drop the car off to get the A/C fired up again

(I know I know. . . it's getting cool out again. . . but if i don't do it now it won't happen)

Earlier today bought a Raceland windblocker. Guy told me it would fit with my Hard Dog bar and the pictures look as though it will. If not, I'm only out $32.

Just ordered a Cobalt front shock tower bar for the Miata. Probably gonna get grief but I'm tired of the cowl shake. This is apparently the only bar that will fit with a supercharger.

Do those bars fit NA's? I'm trying to find a tower bar that also has a MC stopper.

Don't know for sure, you can check the Moss Motors site. I have yet to see any front bar that has an MC brace except for the RX-8 Mazdaspeed unit. I am planning on fabbing something up for this car though, I have to track down the hunk of aluminum I have stashed somewhere.

Received and installed my IL Motorsports pedal set. They look much nicer to my eye, and it's easier for my big feet to work the pedals without worrying about pushing another one at the same time.

Pictures of after and before.

Attachments

• pedals 003.jpg
    pedals 003.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 120
  • pedals 001.jpg
    pedals 001.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Received and installed my Cobalt front tower bar. Wasn't too bad of an install, test driving it afterwards I found that I had brakes, then I didn't. After inspecting under the hood I found the crosspipe for the brake booster vacuum signal had moved downward enough to crimp the hose that connected it to the intake mani. Didn't have any more of that size hose on hand so had to reuse some of the yellow.

I... umm... got updates from Levi as he drove it to work yesterday. Lucky punk.

Well, yesterday i took off the water pump and replaced it. I messed something up I guess. Now I'm on an arduous journey to get it running again. Today I tried to fix the timing. I'm probably just stupid, because its still not running.

That's what I did to my NA today.

Received both the red Mazdaspeed oil cap ($20!) and Raceland windblocker I bought off eBay today. Oil cap is on, I'll have to fab some mount extensions for the windblocker but it follows the contour of my rollbar perfectly.

Edit: Fabbed the mounts and installed the 'blocker, looks good. Have to test it, there is 6-8" at the bottom that is open. If it flows too much air then I'll cut some of the plexiglass I have and close it up.

Attachments

• windblocker rear.jpg
    windblocker rear.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Replaced the broken windshield washer hose clip, the old one was on there! Also there is a certain amount of wind bleeding off the bottom of the 'blocker so I'll be putting a piece of plexiglass in there to take care of it.

Received/installed my Clearwater speakers. It is as easy as their instructions make out, hardest part is attaching the crossover module to the side impact bar in the doors. The stereo sounds much better at rest now, going to take a drive in a bit and see how it is underway.

Well, they sound just as good at speed. I know a lot of people have issues with Bose, I don't personally and I am more than happy with my stereo as it now sits.

Last edited:
Opinion time, should I buy a set of hood shocks for the Miata? I had them on the Protege and they were nice. Rspeed has theirs on sale right now for $50.

YES! i did...love them (have them on the p5 as well)

put her away for the winta... :(

Back