First Mazda for me, second for my wife

SuperJETT

Second Mazda for both me and my wife

Within 2 weeks, our van was hit at a red light and the transmission started crapping out on my Accord, so soon after we got the insurance check for the van's damage we started shopping.

We've been eye-ing a a 5 for a long time and after 2 test drives including an overnight to see how carpool with 5 kids went, we bought one.

We have a 2008 AT dark blue Sport with 59k and got out the door with taxes/etc for $12,500, plus it already had the windows tinted so that was a bonus.

Love it so far. Same mpg as my Accord but with more seats and better handling, and way better mpg than our Town & Country.

I got the hitch yesterday for the bike rack and eventually will put a roof rack for the kids' bikes too, but that's a rare occasion.

Next up is a Fumoto valve and canister filter conversion, then maybe LED interior lights that the kids can turn on themselves.

Last edited:
Did the Dodge dealer ask why you didn't get the Journey instead? lol.

Pics you guys! I'm now interested myself in this Journey antenna.

Speaking of which, man the Journey's gauge cluster is weird, looks like it belongs in the original Caravan.

Hm it's not that much shorter than a Mazda 5 antenna? Is it flexible?

It's much shorter in comparison actually. Maybe less than half the length? You measure yours, and I'll measure mine. (Now that doesn't sound right) Every time I see a Mz5 with a stock antenna, I feel thankful that mine was missing when we bought ours. It's completely flexible too.

7-3/4"

attachment.php

Antenna.jpg

Just changed the title of the thread because I remembered I had an '89 B2200 that I bought new. It was very forgettable, all 85hp of it. 94mph in 4th gear, 90 in 5th.

Because otherwise, it takes 5 HOURS to get to LA from PHX. I once found out that Nissan limits their cruise control to 95 mph on older Altimas. I'm past those days though. Probably bcuz I don't have my T-Bird SC anymore..(sadbanana)

Just dropped it off for warranty work: alignment (pulling right), left rear squeak sometimes, brake light switch/shifter interlock, front bumper cover clip, hard shifting into 4th gear.

Hopefully getting these things straightened out makes us happy with it again.

Back