AWR passenger mount install

Spiced MSP

:
2016 Peterbilt 579
Has anyone had any trouble installing the passenger side AWR mount? I was swapping the stock mount for the AWR and the tab that sticks out and bolts to the frame didn't quite line up and it seems like the bottom of the mount below where it actually mounts to the engine, the mount barely touches the frame. So, I can't get the threads on the two bolts to catch so I can tighten them down. I wanted to have this one done along with my AWR transmission mount but this has held me up. It turned what was almost a 15 minute job to about a 45 minute to an hour job. and it's still not completely done. Also, what do you use to tighen down the bolt going through the middle of the mount? I can't really get an impact in there. Here are a few pics of what is left of the stock mount.

Attachments

• DSC05507.JPG
    DSC05507.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC05508.JPG
    DSC05508.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 141
  • DSC05511.JPG
    DSC05511.JPG
    234 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC05510.JPG
    DSC05510.JPG
    219.7 KB · Views: 139
  • DSC05509.JPG
    DSC05509.JPG
    226.5 KB · Views: 146
has the motor dropped and thats why its not lining up?, also i did get an impact in there with an extension when i did mine. i love air tools lol

edit also if the motor has dropped just use a jack to pop it up a little to get the bolts on the threads

yeah, the motor did drop a little but I used a big floor jack to jack it back up but I still could not get everything to line up at all. In what order did you bolt the mount down? How did you get an impact between those AC lines or whatever they are? I tried using an extension too but just couldn't get it to fit.

try having someone push the engine whatever way it needs to go then get the top on and bolt it down quick.

Try using an alignment punch to center the holes. Something is not making sense unless its a defect in the part itself. I had no issues installing another brand side mount using a floor jack and 3/8" extensions with an air ratchet. (which I just used for speed)

well, everything is lined up and tightened down now except for that tab that sticks out and bolts to the frame.

try to loosen the center bolt and try to move that part of the mount so it lines up , i had the same issue just dont remember what i did to fix that

Back