full size spare?

L

localkineguy

We can't fit a full size spare in the P5 wheel well can we?

It will fit in the well, but it will stick up rather high, so much the carpeted board won't sit flat at all (4-5" too tall). The well isn't nearly deep enough

I dunno what you guys are talking about, cuz I have a full sized P5 16" with OEM sized tire and it fits fine. You just gotta take out the stupid foam blocks and it will fit perfect.

I dunno what you guys are talking about, cuz I have a full sized P5 16" with OEM sized tire and it fits fine. You just gotta take out the stupid foam blocks and it will fit perfect.

Pics? My stocker interfered with the unibody.

Yes, true. I never thought about ditching the foam blocks. But diameter-wise it should fit. The owners manual even suggests storing it there when you have a flat. Taller than stock tires on your OEMs maybe? (I.E. 205-50-16's?)

Attachments

• Photo-0228.jpg
    Photo-0228.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 260
Don't do it. Who needs to carry around an extra 20 pounds for the 10 miles you'd have to drive to get the tire fixed? Well unless you live in area where your tires see much pop'age.

Buuuut, if you all want to go nuts with it I have two stock wheels collecting dust....

Oh good point. Admittedly, I haven't had time to try this out yet. I'm running a 205/50/16, what is your tire size KrayzieFox?
Stock size.. which if my memory serves me right is 195/50/16?
i wanna know if it fits b/c i hate riding on donuts

This would be awesome if it works. I might have to go buy a stock wheel and tire..............
Guys, it works.. what part of my picture makes you skeptical about it.

Stock wheel + stock tire size - foam blocks = success.

Back