stock subwoofer help!?!?!?!?

iJacob

:
2001 mazda MP3
so i have my oem system with the subwoofer in the back still. but its not working idk why. anyone know anything about the system? is there a stock amp for it? or did it just run off the oem stereo? if it did run off the oem stereo i have a aftermarked one it in. could this be my problem??? ahhh just wish it would work lol.

Attachments

• SDC11162.JPG
    SDC11162.JPG
    444.3 KB · Views: 158
The enclosure has a built in amp... Check your wires. I take it you have no knowledge of car audio wiring? Google/forum search is your friend.

so i have my oem system with the subwoofer in the back still. but its not working idk why. anyone know anything about the system? is there a stock amp for it? or did it just run off the oem stereo? if it did run off the oem stereo i have a aftermarked one it in. could this be my problem??? ahhh just wish it would work lol.

thats the stock sub. check the wiring on the back side, make sure its all connected. the MP3 came with a kenwood deck Z909, or something like that. there should be a fuse somewhere int he wiring to the sub, too, and that may be blown if everything looks good.

Not sure why this happened but when I originally got my car the sub didn't work and after the car sat for the winter I needed a new battery when I replaced the battery the sub all of a sudden worked. Must of reset something or other.

k guys i found out what was wrong i tore the dash up today and turns out who ever had put the aftermarket stereo in didnt know what they were doing. they used lots of tape and stuff came undone and it was just a mess so i spent about a hour on it and it works amazing now. Its a very good sounding clean look!!! lovin this car!!!!

it does sound really good for what it is. i think the bass sounds better than the stock msp's sub but the msp's stock sub saves a lot of space. i still have mine in my closet

it does sound really good for what it is. i think the bass sounds better than the stock msp's sub but the msp's stock sub saves a lot of space. i still have mine in my closet

yeah, i like the MSP set-up much better, with the sub under the rear deck and the rear speakers in the doors. but i got my MP3 sub for dirt cheap (like $50 shipped? 7 years ago) and it does sound good .

Back