Stock wheels painted bronze on white p5, pics?

87TurboIIFCs

:
2005 Saab 9-2x Aero
I've searched around quite a bit but can't find a good pic of a white P5 with bronze painted stock wheels, anyone have a pic or a link to a pic?

I'm thinking of using Dupli-Color Bronze wheel paint, any experience with this product specifically?

I want to use clear coat to make the paint last but will it make them shine? I want more of flat look, not shiny.

*I searched painted wheels on here but most people are going black or gunmetal those that did go with bronze weren't on a white car.

Thanks everyone!

I'll try to get a pic of car up and maybe someone could do some quick photo shop work? any takers? i'll get a pic up later tonight or tomorrow a.m.***
New picture attached see my last post on page 2.

Last edited:
I don't know....If you want to go bronze, I would highly recommend them be done professionally or to buy a whole new set of rims that are already bronzed.

Bronze is that color that only looks good on certain cars and on certain wheels, I PERSONALLY don't think the stock 02-03 wheels would look good bronzed on a P5.

Don't get me wrong, if that's ur thing, definitely stick with it...but Bronze is more "RALLY" than "TUNER". Best of luck!

I don't know....If you want to go bronze, I would highly recommend them be done professionally or to buy a whole new set of rims that are already bronzed.

Bronze is that color that only looks good on certain cars and on certain wheels, I PERSONALLY don't think the stock 02-03 wheels would look good bronzed on a P5.

Don't get me wrong, if that's ur thing, definitely stick with it...but Bronze is more "RALLY" than "TUNER". Best of luck!

(stupid)

I'm not 100% sold on it either, but that's the whole reason for requesting the pics, to help decide!

I'm a big subaru fan too, which is probably why i'm thinking i'll like the look plus it's something a little different for our cars. I'm racking up nearly 15-20k a year on my p5. I'm hitting 95k now and I bought in December '07 with only 52k so i don't plan on spending a lot of cash just keep her running strong and minor mods here and there which is why i'm considering painting the stockers. I've already got a second set of wheels for the winter (black with chrome lip) but i feel like everyone is going that route these days.

Thank you for the input. I hope someone has a pic....

well can you always paint one then see how i looks. it it looks bad then strip the paint or paint the rims silver again with duplicolor silver rim paint. unless you got the chrome wheels then you are screwed lol

well can you always paint one then see how i looks. it it looks bad then strip the paint or paint the rims silver again with duplicolor silver rim paint. unless you got the chrome wheels then you are screwed lol

I don't have the chrome wheels so i'm good there

As far as the color goes...i dunno
but i do know about painting your rims and everyone will say to get the wheel paint, i personally think the engine enamel paint works best IMO.
i used duplicolor primer after sanding them down then used about 5 or 6 coats of the duplicolor engine enamel paint, then sprayed about 4 layers of clear coat on them it. i used flat black and the clear coat didnt make them really shiny it added a little shine but i think they look great.
Its been about 3 months now and i dont have any peeling or chipping, the paint is still the way it was when i did it....just some advice :)

photoshop........if ya got a pic i can maybe try to do it but be warned i'm still novice with photoshop CS3

here ya go
a Big photo for you to work with :)

IMG_2358-1.jpg

so ur looking for a STI rally rims color right? or darker brown bronze color in the picture dxaveP5 posted?

-p.s. dxave that looks actually looks good with the blue. i'm pretty sure it wouldnt go with my red color :(

-p.s. dxave that looks actually looks good with the blue. i'm pretty sure it wouldnt go with my red color :(

they are sold now, and im riding on the 03.5 MSP Harts :D
but if i ever decide to paint the rims, ima get em powder coated Gold baby!!

so ur looking for a STI rally rims color right? or darker brown bronze color in the picture dxaveP5 posted?

i think it would. you could always try gold.

does someone have mad leet photoshop skills to color dxaveP5's blue car into red?

Though i'm sure there are images of red p5's with bronze stock wheels around here somewhere, I was bored :)

Attachments

• IMG_2358-2.jpg
    IMG_2358-2.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 194
here's a pic

Can someone play with this with photoshop? The color is Dupli-color wheel paint bronze.

Attachments

• IMG_2802.jpg
    IMG_2802.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 140
sorry i can't photoshop but i've painted sooo many of my past cars wheels and the engine paint is soooo much better! anyway, make sure that bronze is dark, it'll look so much better and meaner than a lighter gold color, good luck!

Back