painting wheels (my first post with pics :))

Patrickenator

:
03 MSP, 08 MS3
Sup, so i followed in the footsteps of msp2024 and J-Naoto's original wheel color method and sprayed my own rims (cabpatch). Didn't feel like droppin that much cash on curbed-ass wheels (like that when i got the whip (confused)) check out the before an aftas IMO black RHs look WAYY better

edit: and yes the msp is in terrible need of a shower...(mspblack)

Attachments

• 100_0154.jpg
    100_0154.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 155
  • 100_0149.jpg
    100_0149.jpg
    516.3 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_0165.jpg
    100_0165.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 100_0170.jpg
    100_0170.jpg
    967.5 KB · Views: 162
  • 100_0182.jpg
    100_0182.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:
wow u actually painted the inside? props on that, when i painted my stockers i didnt even bother on the inside lol
its covered in brake dust most of the time anyways

but those look sick, alot better then silver

wow u actually painted the inside? props on that, when i painted my stockers i didnt even bother on the inside lol
its covered in brake dust most of the time anyways

but those look sick, alot better then silver

of course i painted the inside lol gotta have the full shadow in there ;) for the full 'The Darkness' (chappelle) effect(breakn)

nice work :)

thanks bro :D

Last edited:
sunrooof........... was it put in? or a buncha msp parts put ON to a protege ES lol

Looks great! I want mine black but have been skeptical about just using spray paint. Hmmmmm....

Looks great! I want mine black but have been skeptical about just using spray paint. Hmmmmm....

i was to but if you take your time and do it right it really holds on there, i have had mine done for a year and a half and only had one scratch and it came from the tire place when they mounted new tires on

sunrooof........... was it put in? or a buncha msp parts put ON to a protege ES lol

yea i thought that too when i first found out lmao...but no the sunroof itself was well put in, the wiring is bad as fukk, so my guess is real MSP lol (has all the squeeks and clunks to prove it too)

ghostone just clean (the s**** outa them), sand (wet is prob better), let dry, prime (Krylon) maybe 2-3 coats, paint (Krylon Satin Black is what i used) many thinn coats.

I would stress the thin coats, and aloow plenty of drying time in between coats...you don't want runs, and you want it to be strong. after that, enjoy!

plus you could clearcoat i think J Naoto did that for his whites. I didn't cause i'd already driven it and didn't feel like cleaning them with fresh paint...and now he has real powdercoat anyhow so whatever

Last edited:
yea if i can get it for the same price as a couple spray cans lol. not spendin $ on visuals til i'm happy with the performance...
buttttt....know where to get one cheap?

Back