looking for stock 2001 mp3 parts

chewyluvsMP3

:
2001 mazda mp3 protege
im getting back from iraq soon and i wanna try and get my mp3 as stock as possible before i start making it my project....so im looking for the racing beat exhaust system from the downpipe back i already have a replacement pre cat....im also looking for the stock rear sway bar ive been looking all over online and i cant find it so any help would be appreciated

the midpipe is the same for all N/A 2.0L Protegs...there's been arguments over the rear midpipe being the same or not (mine went to the metal recyclers before thinking of measuring it). Does your axleback need replacing?

The whole exhaust except the axleback/muffler is the same between the MP3 and other NA Proteges. I just transferred the header, j-pipe, midpipe and catback from the MP3 to the P5 and it all bolted up perfectly. It's all identical all the way to the muffler.

my biggest problem with my exhaust system right now is i need to seal the pipes again cause the guy i bought it off of shot a piston through the top over destroyed the pre cat and now the exhaust leaks at the bolts...im trying to find out if i an just get a sheet of gasket so i can cut it myself but so far its not goin to well with the bein in iraq at the moment

no just where the pipes all meet i tried tightening the bolts but maybe if i jack the car up and try it will be better cause my car has enough clearance for me to crawl underneath and do some mainentance without a jack thats also why im changing the suspension and such cause my rear tires rub but i think the struts are going out and the wheels are to big in my eyes anyway so im upgrading my struts wheels and trying to fix the exhaust cause california is a crappy state with its smog testing

Dude, punctuation REALLY helps people follow text...because that had my eyes spinning.
sounds to me like you need a gasket between your exhaust manifold and precat, which costs 10-15$ at the stealership...just buy that instead of making your own...

Still not sure where the exhaust leak is at, but like CulRidr said.. it's prolly just a gasket. Go to the dealer and you'll be set.

As for suspension, if you have aftermarket wheels than chances are they're a horribly low offset and stick out too far, which makes the tires rub on inside of the fender. If they're 18" then they prolly have a decently beefy tire which only contributes to the overall mass of your wheel and again.. you rub. You prolly need new wheels, the struts should be good. They're Tokicos.. should last longer than the car.

yea im sticking with tokicos, but im upgrading to the illuminas. as for the punctuation, sorry. all of the exhaust leaks are after the precat. so im sure i just need to lift the car and tighten them properly, maybe get some new gaskets. im also ordering some new wheels cause the RH 19's i have now are eatin up from the previous owner. so im ordering some new enkei 18's. im making alot of money in iraq so i wanna get some toys for my car its all for keeping me busy without extensive cost

Daaaaamn!! You have 19's right now? Oh my God.. that is WAY too big for the Protege. No wonder you're rubbing.

Im pretty car stupid thats why i joined the forum. so i can figure it out from experienced owners and mechanics. I dont know squat about engine work but i know car audio pretty well.

We'll help ya out man, don't worry about that. Mechanical stuff isn't too bad, it's all about tightening and loosening bolts pretty much lol.

You need to ditch those 19's though. 17's are what this car is meant to have, but you can get away with 18's. You'll need to run a super skinny tire though with 18's.

lol tell me about it. the previous owner was more car stupid than me. the funny thing is he used the same company as the stock 17's that the factory used. but i go through rear tires like its cool. and at 230 a tire i think 18's will fix both problems

i know thats why im getting the tokico illuminas cause of the adjustability. it should be ok cause the fender lips are already rolled. but if it doesnt work theres always body kits

Tokico Illuminas don't adjust in height, only in stiffness; they won't do anything more then what the stock Tokicos will do for you.
Your rims are the problems, plain and simple.

hmm i didnt know that. thanks man you just saved me around 200. do you think ill be fine with 18's with a 215-35 on them?

Yea you will, that's what my MP3 came with and there's no rubbing. Hell you can buy my wheels if you want, they're 18" Nakayama with 215/35 tires. I wanna find some stock MSP or MP3 wheels instead. Here's what they look like, lemme know if you want more pics.

Just PM me if you like them, I can send them with the swaybar.

Attachments

• PIC_0108.jpg
    PIC_0108.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 132
rim size and tire size mean nothing without an offset. If the offset is OK though, then Krayzie is right and they will fit.

well im getting them from tirerack. and they did have mp3 as a model type so im assuming the offset will be ok. krayzie thanks for the offer man but im pretty deadset on getting the enkies

Back