Draw-tite hitch install

I picked up a nice 1 1/4" Yakima 4 bike rack. It swivels down too so you can open the hatch while the bikes are loaded. Bike arms can fold down while not needed as well.

Edit: model is the DoubleDown 4

Last edited:
Well she's outta warranty and the Truck was hitched up to the big trailer at the time so I figured why not.

Attachments

• tiller hauler.jpg
    tiller hauler.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 259
towing that isnt going to be a problem. You get up closer to 1000 lbs or more and you will feel it in that car.

I have a roof rack for the 5 so I am not going to do the hitch but I am going to do this eventually for my speed3.

I picked up a nice 1 1/4" Yakima 4 bike rack. It swivels down too so you can open the hatch while the bikes are loaded. Bike arms can fold down while not needed as well.

Edit: model is the DoubleDown 4

Are you using a class 1 hitch? The customer rep from etrailer stated that for Class 1 you could only use a 2 bike rack. I need atleast 3 bike rack.

I used a grinder vs. a bit.

Just installed a hidden hitch ($136 w/tax). Not tough, though I recommend to use (or buy) a 1/2 inch drill bit that looks like a normal drill bit. My bit has a raised center tip and raised outer edges (which may help with wood), and it was a pain to finish off the hole (bit kept getting jammed and had to file). Also, a little bigger than the 1/2 in hole is needed to allow the provided, neat-o "fish wire" to fit through holding the bolt. Safety first as always - wear safety glasses if you prefer metal drill shavings to stay out of your eyes.

Get an adapter from 1 1/4 to 2 if you aren't carrying too much weight. Or, stick a bike up top.

Are you using a class 1 hitch? The customer rep from etrailer stated that for Class 1 you could only use a 2 bike rack. I need atleast 3 bike rack.

Back