Broke a sway bracket

Patrickenator

:
03 MSP, 08 MS3
I went to change the oil and noticed the souuce of a lot of my squeeking suspension: rear drivers side sway bar bracket snapped!. I got an estimate just for kicks and for a bracket set from the dealer its over $200...Anyone know somewhere to get better brackets for the stock racing beat sway bar at a cheaper price? I'd be surprised if there wasn't a better option for cheaper...like even getting a whole new sway bar...
Thanks for your help

pics:

Here are some bad celli pics...I'll get some better res ones when I get home from work, probly upload em tomorrow unless someone can help based on these ones...

Attachments

• Photo000.jpg
    Photo000.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 138
  • Photo_12.jpg
    Photo_12.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 138
yep. just poke your head behind the wheel ;) seriously though; its cheaper to go with the Progress sway bar (you can find on ProtegeGarage.com), which would be a performance upgrade for cheaper than just the brackets from Mazda.

Still though...if anyone knows where, or has brackets for cheap for the stock bar; I'll go with that and see if i can't get 200+$ out of insurance for more needed upgrades!

bracket? wtf are you talking about? I see a broken end link, not any brackets

no wonder the dealer was trying to rip you off, you don't even know what you are looking at!

the endlinks are that much money. just buy two new ones, one per side and your good to go. you can get them at onlinemazdaparts for a good price.

def. not a 200 dollar replacement.lol

maybe a chance to get the AgencyPower links...140.00 tho...vs onlinemazdaparts: $58...just wondering if its worth it in the long run..

There is really nothing wrong with the Racing Beat sway bars. The car grips like its on rails. Could it be better sure but its already pretty damn good.

For your squeak remove the rear sway bar bushing brackets and get a high quality silicone grease and lube the brackets & bushings and you will have no more squeaks.

right on. this will b the next thing i do to my car; maybe look into clunk fix at the same time :) thank you all for your input; greatly appreciated

Back