What have you done to your MSP today?

it's a little bit high pitched right now cuz the resonator section is just clamped on it has a leak as of right now but i am putting on the other muffler on today that will be clamped on and i'll have to then get it all welded up sometime soon ...

i don't think that it sounds high pitched (dunno)

so which is it buddy? high pitched or no ;)

It doesnt sound bad. turbos are a restriction so you wont get that header raspiness that sounds like poopy, once its welded. Does it drone in cabin? I would think it would without a resonator but if its on a stock piping its really small so it might not be that bad. curious to see.

so which is it buddy? high pitched or no ;)

It doesnt sound bad. turbos are a restriction so you wont get that header raspiness that sounds like poopy, once its welded. Does it drone in cabin? I would think it would without a resonator but if its on a stock piping its really small so it might not be that bad. curious to see.

Ok lol what i meant Terbow is that in the video it really picks up the higher pitch of the exhaust leak...but once it welded it won't be high pitched ...for some reason the camera wanted to pick up the exhaust leak a lot more then if you were actually there to listen to it

yeah it drones in the cabin as of right now like once you get up to like 5k rpms i have to buy some exhaust hangers to hang the midpipe and the resonator section to prevent it from hitting the support beam right underneath the midpipe section (whatever that is called? Anyone know?)

Ok lol what i meant Terbow is that in the video it really picks up the higher pitch of the exhaust leak...but once it welded it won't be high pitched ...for some reason the camera wanted to pick up the exhaust leak a lot more then if you were actually there to listen to it

yeah it drones in the cabin as of right now like once you get up to like 5k rpms i have to buy some exhaust hangers to hang the midpipe and the resonator section to prevent it from hitting the support beam right underneath the midpipe section (whatever that is called? Anyone know?)

cross member bar?
Were three posts in a row really necessary? You know, there is an "Edit Post" function.

today i installed my vibrant vac block (boost gauge, hks ssqv bov), removed and capped the BPV line...(there is a nipple on the turbo for the wastegate)

FINALLY connected my greddy full-auto TT

finished painting my autometer a-pillar triple gauge pod

i had a couple of other things to do today...just didn't get around to it:
install front AWR MM (rear will be here next week...that'll be a b****)
run the wire for my gauges...worked out the wiring schematic a few minutes ago.

as soon as i get the stock lines and gaskets for my turbo from ken, that'll be going in.

today i installed my vibrant vac block (boost gauge, hks ssqv bov), removed and capped the BPV line...(there is a nipple on the turbo for the wastegate)

FINALLY connected my greddy full-auto TT

finished painting my autometer a-pillar triple gauge pod

i had a couple of other things to do today...just didn't get around to it:
install front AWR MM (rear will be here next week...that'll be a b****)
run the wire for my gauges...worked out the wiring schematic a few minutes ago.

as soon as i get the stock lines and gaskets for my turbo from ken, that'll be going in.

Topher! The rear isnt that hard once I figured out I needed a 1/4 socket set to get to that bottom one! I made life so much easier then tryign to use a 3/8 socket set.

Attachments

• trick.JPG
    trick.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 135
where can i find out a cross refrence or does anyone know what other car has the same tranny as my 03 msp

Topher! The rear isnt that hard once I figured out I needed a 1/4 socket set to get to that bottom one! I made life so much easier then tryign to use a 3/8 socket set.

thanks for the info! i've got a 1/4 socket set...now i need to get a set of metrics...all i have are standards. thank you very much!

where can i find out a cross refrence or does anyone know what other car has the same tranny as my 03 msp
There are a lot of different year Proteges which have the same manual transmission sans the LSD. I'd suggest sticking with '03 and newer Protege transmissions as they are revised and then just getting the LSD welded and transferred over.

oh does it have to have the lsd or can i get like a trans out of a 2.0 probe or i think 626 has it to would that work they dont have any protege in any junk yards around here i dont think

oh does it have to have the lsd or can i get like a trans out of a 2.0 probe or i think 626 has it to would that work they dont have any protege in any junk yards around here i dont think
Thre are different series transmission but I think it's the G-Type transmission you want. About the LSD - you have one, why would you choose to go without it? Hell, if you are just going to junk it - give it to me if it isn't broken.

o well i broke my difrential and i dont have a 1000 to have it fixed so i was going to try and get a trans from the junkyard for 75 does it make a big difference without lsd i dont know to much about cars and im going to try and do all this myself

o well i broke my difrential and i dont have a 1000 to have it fixed so i was going to try and get a trans from the junkyard for 75 does it make a big difference without lsd i dont know to much about cars and im going to try and do all this myself

In less you are racing you probably wont notice much of a difference. In fact if my dif ever goes, i'm going to run an open dif.

Wow, and all us open diff guys are dying to get LSDs...

And yes, you will notice a difference daily if you do any sort of spirited driving. Nothing is worse than trying to moderately accelerate in first gear only to have one wheel spin away. It's also nice to have if you ever encounter one of those situations on the road where one wheel might have less traction than the other (puddle, ice, etc.).

Back