CAI or SRI, which one, and where to buy?

is the piping the same size as the stock intke? are you sure the sensor seals well with the intake u bought, can u wiggle it while its in the intake?

if its the same size, then get a bicycle inner tube patch kit or two, take the biggest one, and cut it out as a gasket with some manicure scissors.

Attachments

• PIC-0576.jpg
    PIC-0576.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 107
screw it.. its universal so my im putting it in my friends car to see if itll work. if it does, he;ll just pay me for it. lol lets hope it works.

screw it.. its universal so my im putting it in my friends car to see if itll work. if it does, he;ll just pay me for it. lol lets hope it works.

Pst, hey, buddy, I made a CAI w the same parts as you did and had the same f*cking problem. The solution? look for a piece of pipe that's the same size as the stock MAF housing on the air box (I used white PVC, exact size), cut a hole on the pipe to match the MAF opening on the adapter and then use something to hold and fill the pipe inside the adapter (I used sheet foam). I did that on mine three years ago and no problem. The hesitation issue can be solved w a Celica Maf, as I did. You'll feel the difference, since the universal ducting is larger than the intakes offered for the 1.6L. They scream pretty loud too (friday)

Hm, I want a CAI as well guys, but I would like to buy a build one, that looks nice, and also performs nice. Can you recommend one from a store?

I am kind of..weary about ebay items. Half of the stuff I have bought from ebay is fake.

where can i get the celica MAF nd how much is it. and do u have pics of this?

I bought mine on Advance Auto Parts for $80 + my dead one, although I'm on Puerto Rico, so, my guess you can find it for a lot less in the US. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics for the moment, but I'll post them when I can.
P.S The MAF it's for an 2000 Celica GTS.

Protephile.. whats your links to ur stuff for sale.. do u sell other stuff besides intakes?

I am pretty low-tech at the moment...my website has been under construction
since forever.

The SRI is $80.00 shipped...pic below...and I can get most things available
for third-gen pros.

Attachments

• 16LSRIINS.jpg
    16LSRIINS.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 114
now this will deffinatly work with
A. my MAF sensor,
B. automatic 1.6 with little to no hesitation??

Back