What have you done to your MSP today?

^^^
oh and forgot to mention in that pic that the actual amount that the rubber in the tranny mount moves is minimal because of the way it's designed....in comparison with how much the rest of the mounts can twist that mount doesn't move lol

trust me, don't waste your money on the transmission mount unless it's broken

^ SU makes a trans mount, I bleave Brach does as well and AWR. AWR also makes inserts for the trans mount.

Edit: I do have to agree that the other three mounts take majority of the stress from the engine.

damn, well I stand corrected on that point, however I still stand by the rest

(I had only heard of the AWR)

lol, no worries bro

regardless however, that wasn't really my point...

lol i got your point just pointing out that their are other options to. However the trans mount does rip apart but its the least likely one to do so. Plus the other 3 mounts do most of the holding down of the motor then the trans mount.

exactally

just saying though that you shouldn't replace it unless you have to

the trans mount is also the number one to cause MAJOR vibration after it is replaced, which is quite unnecessary in the end

exactally

the trans mount is also the number one to cause MAJOR vibration after it is replaced, which is quite unnecessary in the end

I disagree with you on this. The rear is the one that causes the most vibes! I know becuase I had a full se of SU soild mounts in my p5 and I didnt install them all at once.

Ive not run solid mounts, however I have a set of awr front and rears and su pass. side and in comparison with a car with just the awr transmission mount it is nothing

*shrugs*
Ive also heard a lot of the speed3 guys complaining about the rear mount upgrade in their cars, and I couldn't even tell when I rode in their cars with it....lol, everyones got different oppinions when it comes to these things

Ive not run solid mounts, however I have a set of awr front and rears and su pass. side and in comparison with a car with just the awr transmission mount it is nothing

*shrugs*
Ive also heard a lot of the speed3 guys complaining about the rear mount upgrade in their cars, and I couldn't even tell when I rode in their cars with it....lol, everyones got different oppinions when it comes to these things

ah i c... I know right now my mounts are so bad that get extra vibrations in the car that are about the same as having all SU mounts in my auto p5 except the rear.

I agree...personal health > mazda lol

I learned that one the hard way a few times >.<

but damn, your tranny mount is ripped too? geez, I'd say both are a priority then! though the wastegate being broken can cause damage quicker, so I would put that first still.....for example: when rush's wastegate was bad, she said that she had went to boost and the wastegate stayed closed rather than stayed opened and caused her to overboost and fuel cut lol

Yeah, I have video of me hitting 19psi when my wga was gone.

exactally

You know we have 3 trans mounts right? Only 1 motor mount.

I took a few pics of the colum pod for a few people woundering how much of the gauge cluster it blocks. Yes I know theirs no gauge in it yet... hopeing to get a new boost gauge later on to replace the one I currently have. The pod is just sitting in place with no tape to hold it on or anything.

Attachments

• DSCF1016.JPG
    DSCF1016.JPG
    124.7 KB · Views: 147
  • DSCF1017.JPG
    DSCF1017.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 134
  • DSCF1018.JPG
    DSCF1018.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 129
^^^ Looks good. I have a picture of mine installed with the AEM wideband in it on my home computer. Yeah it blocks some of the speedo and the odometer but the parts it blocks really aren't needed to be in view 100% of the time.

^^^ Looks good. I have a picture of mine installed with the AEM wideband in it on my home computer. Yeah it blocks some of the speedo and the odometer but the parts it blocks really aren't needed to be in view 100% of the time.

The only part it really blocks is the trip meter/odometer.

Took off my 626 manifold and installed my p-n-p vtcs removed intake mani!!! Much smoother around town driving. Beastly mid-range power is back!!!

Whats the difference between that one and the forged one? Other then the the forged one is adjustable? Also theirs a review on PG that states that the forged one needs "customization"? Not 100% sure what he review meant by that. Does he mean its customizable due to the adjustabled rod or it need customised to get it to fit properly? See the below link

http://siteground207.com/~protegeg/product_reviews.php?cPath=32_181&products_id=1095

I think they meant that you need to fiddle with it to get it to hold the right amout of pressure. that is the only difference, the forge is adjustable the atp is not

Latest posts

Back