Painted Caliper Color

Which Color Calipers for Elias1974 Black Mica '02 P5?

• Red

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • Silver

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Gun Metal (pewter)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Other (please suggest)

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

elias1974

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Okay,
simple question, I wanted to take advantage this weekend of the nice weather and remove the rust from my rotors and calipers. Also, I wanted to paint the calipers on Black Mica '02 P5.
I originally was going to paint them red, as alot of darker color cars we have seen, but then saw this pic http://www.********.com/pictures/anno-4.jpg
Thats when I was feeling the metallic look.

Any event here are the colors I am considering,

Red
Silver
Gun Metal (pewter)
Other?

Also, anyone know of brand 1200 degrees that has a good array of colors?
(suggestions on exact colors and or metallic, gloss or semi, or flat)

well do you have a color scheme for your car? it will look very clean if you choose 2 colors to work with...my car is blue and the highlights are yellow. If you haven't got a second color in your engine bay for example....I would say red

I was originally going with red because Mazda started us on that path having painted the Strut bar Red already, and the interior dash lights are red. Then I though maybe be a little different and go with GunMetal... but not sure how it would look if it may not show up at all. Maybe someone with the skills and a few moments to lend could photoshop me a that wheel from above or better yest, a stock wheel witha few diferent colors.... man that would save alot of time actually....
thanks in advance for replies and time.. !

um... i say gm or silver. i notice white cars have white calipers, red with red, etc. black with black... wouldnt stand out. i think silver would be best. or u can go sti style and paint um gold hehe - chris

I painted my calipers a couple weeks ago. Went red and am happy with my results. They look better in person though.

Yeah, I have to work with the rust problem soon, too.

-R

fb20323a.jpg

fb20323d.jpg

Last edited:
go with gun metal. these are on a midnight blue P5. not too bright and flashy, not too dull. its just enough for people to notice. also put a coat of clear too.

Attachments

• e bay 005.jpg
    e bay 005.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 232
Anything silver or gun metal is not enough of a change, it could almost be stock...

I have the laser blue P5 and would like to do mine in red. Take the lead from the strut bar, although my AEM intake is blue. I am also going to do a red grounding kit and spark wires as well. I like the red coolant catch can but can't really justify the cost since I am in Canada and shipping and duties will kill me.

I have always liked the look of Razor's engine bay and will thus steal (uh be inspired by) his lead.

Any suggestions for paint brands? I am looking for something that is not custom order and obviosuly not too expensive, but durable enough and won't fade. I want it all, don't I?

thanks for results and feedback...
i was at autozone and saw a few brands of 1200 - 1500 degree paint...
I read on one of these threads that someone used duplicolor paint?

I used the DUPONT dupli color metal cast spray paint on my calipers, lugnuts, radiator cap, air intale brackets, battery tie down bracket and the overflow tank bracket

It is almost a perfect match to my laser blue.

There is a yellow and red available in this anodized spray paint.

Click on the www button below to see pictures.

I used Dulplicolor too. No complaints at all. There are a couple of chips, but I painted them almost a year ago, and I live on a dirt road.(dunno)
I'll probably slap another coat on them next weekend.:)

I used VHT caliper paint from Autozone. It only cost about $4.00 a can.
I painted my yellow to match my car and I did my wheels graphite with Duplicolor.

painted calipers.....YELLOW!

Here's what yellow looks like. I agree with the other guys about how they look better in person.

Attachments

• new wheels 002.jpg
    new wheels 002.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 156
red seems like a good choice, the yellow one came out nice on that yellow p5, the rotoers were nice and clean, gotta do mine like that this weekend...

thx again

Back