? about rad fans

Well seeing as though Mazda says that, who am I to argue with my old overheating problem if they say its so. Just glad I replaced the stocker radiator and fans when my Mazda mechanic said they were s*it. Glad he didn't read the manual. lol

i figured it would be a good investment its just putting out the 150 for it. I have the SLS thermostat housing so maybe ill order that and just do the termostat and the housing the same time.

Honestly, one of the best mods I bought. I have an actual water temp gauge, and it dropped my hot coolant temp from 210*F to about 170*F. That's like after an hour of bagging on it. A wicked good investment IMO. Corksport is cheapest, but if you phone Ken at PG they'll match the price. CS is great though, they have tons in stock. Even on a mildly built car, running cooler is ALWAYS a good thing, it is expensive for what it is, but really, I would def. reccomend it. Trust me,it's one of those things that when you get it, you'll love it too and be all like "why the **** didn't I get this before?!?"

i figured it would be a good investment its just putting out the 150 for it. I have the SLS thermostat housing so maybe ill order that and just do the termostat and the housing the same time.

Even if u didn't it's literally a 5 minute swap, then just refill the coolant.

I think they are 600-650. I forgot what autozone said. the 800CFM ones i got are considered an upgrade in their pc.

i dunno, maybe jmbaggie? he might have the specs in his sytem since he works at a dealer.

I've had an overheating issue every since I installed the MAM kit, and the FMIC. I'm determined to fix it for good, and here are a couple of things I did yesterday:

I added the MSP heat sheild to my turbo, and got a new radiator fan.
I had recently bought a SPAL 11 inch, but took that back, and exchanged it for a nice 12 inch Spal High Performance, curved blade (that sucker is 3.39 inches in depth) to replace the 12 inch Maradyne fan I had on the driver's side. Wasn't going to be able to fit the 11 incher on the passenger side with that MSP heat shield in there. I had to re-angle my intake to the turbo to fit the new fan. This sucker really blows!! 1360 CFM!! It really has made a difference. I am still in the testing phase for this fan now. I did notice last night that it came on, dropped the coolant temps, and then kicked off, all while I was parked. For the last 2 years, I had only seen this happen in the winter. I also want to relocate my Haltech water temp sensor to the water neck, rather than the radiator hose (right in front of the fan flow). Another thing I want to do is hook up the cooling fan to my Haltech E6X, and have it come on sooner.

Attachments

• DSCF4980.JPG
    DSCF4980.JPG
    206.3 KB · Views: 119
  • DSCF4981.JPG
    DSCF4981.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF4982.JPG
    DSCF4982.JPG
    188.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Stoplight, idleling, traffic.

I've noticed that on mine too. I have a similar set-up to yours Pat. I had an overflow and had to change it back to the stocker thinking that maybe it was the culprit since it kept dumping it out from there. It's not the overflow because I can still smell coolant - I just can't figure out why it keeps going into the now stock overflow - other than the fans that MAM gave me are a POS. Let me know how things work out for you - I was thinking that maybe I might need to either relocate the temp. sensor or the damn thing went bad. Keep me posted!

Try a new low temp thermostat. I know you have one but yours might be going out? Also, do you have any major blockages of air flow behind the FMIC? If the AC condenser and radiator fins are bent you need to straighten them out.

Dont neeed to..I knew you wer going to say that before I even posted it..Yeah..becuase here in OHio..We dont Get 100*+ days with 90% humidity either.

It gets hot...Its a toy....Buy a caddy if you want air.....
But yeah.....I know its hot there..and it is here too.
AC Is a Creature comfort...Heat is a neccessity.
Just remember that.

might as well strip the interior of your car, rip out the airbags, take off the foglights, power steering, and other "unnecessary" things since you have the impression that your protege that is daily driven is a race car :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back