What have you done to your MSP today?

afc is doing ok with the 440s, i am dumping way rich at around 3500, but i lean out and run really good after 3800 rpm, until i get the fmic, i am gonna stay around 10-11 ish, but once i get the fmic, i am planning on 14 psi. it feels really good right now, i am doing some easy driving, then i am just boosting for a lil bit to 7 psi. really like the feel! much better than stock, plus i have not had fuel cut once.. hahaha!
That's good to hear. 14 psi is where I'll probably try to land as well - should be decent power on the 2871. Speaking of which, how did everything fit? Also, are you running a custom map on the AFC or are you using one of the pre-made ones from the AFC thread? Just curious how you're going about tuning with them. I assume the stock ECU can still compensate for the added fuel at idle?

Thunder manifold installed. Took me and a friend alllllllllll day. Those stock bolts are on so tight. Used stock bolts except for the 4 bolts on the bottom ,manifold flange they had to be cutom bolts with nuts on both sides, got them from advance auto for free don't ask me how. Right before they closed too, so lucky.

Didn't have to remove the radiator just the fans, intake, Hiboost turbo to intercooler pipe -short and long piece. Then took off the manifold and turbo just disconnected the hiboost dp from the s-pipe. And that oil drain line to the turbo is a b**** to put on and take off. The coolant lines were easy. Just topped off the radiator and the coolant tank when it was done.

Wow what a weight difference too between the manifolds. Running really good, idling alot better, alot more power up top and down low. I haven't really ran it alot yet though. I've only driven it once so far. It even made my BOV much louder and harder by itself. So far I'm impressed and like it alot.

I'm going to go get a new corner bulb and some h.i.d.s installed so I'll be back and tell you all more.......

Currently getting my waterpump installed and fixing my timing issue.

Can't wait until its done.

Thunder manifold installed. Took me and a friend alllllllllll day. Those stock bolts are on so tight. Used stock bolts except for the 4 bolts on the bottom ,manifold flange they had to be cutom bolts with nuts on both sides, got them from advance auto for free don't ask me how. Right before they closed too, so lucky.

Didn't have to remove the radiator just the fans, intake, Hiboost turbo to intercooler pipe -short and long piece. Then took off the manifold and turbo just disconnected the hiboost dp from the s-pipe. And that oil drain line to the turbo is a b**** to put on and take off. The coolant lines were easy. Just topped off the radiator and the coolant tank when it was done.

Wow what a weight difference too between the manifolds. Running really good, idling alot better, alot more power up top and down low. I haven't really ran it alot yet though. I've only driven it once so far. It even made my BOV much louder and harder by itself. So far I'm impressed and like it alot.

I'm going to go get a new corner bulb and some h.i.d.s installed so I'll be back and tell you all more.......

pics!!

i told you that you would be happy with my manifold =)

to be honest.. The 2871 was a b****! Reused the stock wga bracket and wga, adjusted it to fit. You will either have to delete a fan or get slim ones.. Well worth it though.. It pulls super hard., i have the 14 psi map on there right now, its wicked rich at idle.. LOL, I am off tomorrow, so I am going to adjust the valued in a few places to get it better.. Then I am off to a dyno.. :) just gotta schedule some time off work.

just got some new tires. 215-40-17 spector's. got them for $230 brand new, mount, balance, out the door. great ride quality compared to the sumatumo's, alot cheaper in price.

Attachments

• msp.jpg
    msp.jpg
    210 KB · Views: 134
Took the car for a test drive after the waterpump install and timing reset....

My gawd I love my powerband!!!! I missed it so much, finally got it back.

ehh they probably wont be going in for a lil while sander i still have alot of stuff to get done before i get any machine work to the spare block done

lol I've heard bad things about eich piston you named. I feel confident in wiseco's product and thats why i am going to be running them. They have been tested in numerous cars on this board and have worked flawlessly.

Back