Spoiler Question

Outlawstar98

:
2003 MazdaSpeed Protege / 2013 BRZ
Im taking off my trunk, and theres a wire that goes to the spoiler and i have disconnected the wire from the harness that goes into the trunk, but i cant get the spoiler off cause the hole is to small for the connector to go through, any help?

Does it hae a rubber bushing it goes through as well..you might have to pull that free as well.

ill take a pi quick, and no rubber thing, but im a dumby i can take the trunk off lol, but i need the spoiler off also ill take a pic In a moment

attachment.php

it goes through that hole into the spoiler and the connector is located in the trunk and is WAY to big to fit

Attachments

• 100_0273.jpg
    100_0273.jpg
    685.5 KB · Views: 127
  • 100_0274.jpg
    100_0274.jpg
    845.5 KB · Views: 157
you could disassemble the connector, or just cut the wire, and when your ready to put it back in just solder it back or even just do crimp fittings and shrink wrap.

If it goes through that hole..and has a large connector on this side..Odd are it will unplug on the Spoiler side...Have you taken the spoiler off?
You are an 03.5 right?
The lower bases come off and if I remenber right...there might be a connector in there.
Something weird..these are added on after the car is determined to be an MSP..It will come off somhow without taking anything apart that shouldn't come apart or cutting anything...You just havent looked hard enough yet.
I have had both the 03 and 03.5 spoiler...unfortunately I can't for the life of me remeber how the harness on the 03.5 is set up?

well i have the 2003 spoiler, well now a evo 8 spoiler, i jsut gave up on that and just took it off and put on the carbon fiber trunk and evo 8 spoiler haha, ill jsut ship the stock trunk with the spoiler on it, no harm done in that

Did you sell them together?
If so..then why seperate them??
It only cause trouble when you do.

he sold it to me .. lol . we just thought it would be easier to ship seperately . together chances it braking .. which I DONT WANT TO HAPPEN

Thats gonna be one expensive package....I should know..I shipped a trunk and spoiler too!

how much ... i was looking at like 100 bucks .
Oh..It should be less than that..who are you using?

Make sure to put a lot of carboard reinforcement on the corners...especially the front edge ones near the glass.....They can poke through if not reiforced.
Remember..shipper have no idea whats in the box..nor do they care....Pack it as if they will throw it on the ground...because they likely will.
Also....Wrapping the entire thing in Saran wrap will help protect the finish when packing it and will only run you a few bucks if you get a couple rolls from the dollar store.

Its all worth it in the end.

Last edited:
cool . i was thinking 100 bucks to ship so this is great . i really need this part since it will be one step closer to my eviiillll plan . haha . then all i will need is the msp front bumper and reinforcement ..

im going to pack the trunk/spoiler tonight and weigh it, than find out the about price, than you can send the money and give me your address wicked, and somehow i missplaced 2 of the bolts for the spoiler..... and i tryed all my nuts that i ahve in my house lol, ill keep looking

Back