Average Spent on Gas

phenomeneon21

:
2002 Dodge Neon R/T
Hey, I tried to do a search but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for...I'm going to a Mazda dealer tomorrow to talk numbers and get serious about buying a MS3 within the next couple of weeks, I was just curious how much on average you put into your tank when you fill up, how big the tank is, and how far on average you can go on a tank safely...Thanks, and if this was brought up before, sorry, couldn't find anything on it...

14.5 gallon capacity, i put usually about 12 gallons , if you driver hard 22mpg if you drive normal about 25mpg if you want to stay below 3k rpms all the time you can get 28mpg. one fillup for me is usually 300 miles

HA! I wish I could get 22... Unfotunately most of my driving is stop and go and I get about 19mpg

I average 22-24mpg with mixed driving. With $3.00 gas it takes 30-35 bucks usually. I got 28mpg on only highway once and went 340 miles but I rarely break 280-290 miles on a tank. Hard to keep your foot out of it with this car!

Im filling up when the e-light comes on and its about 42 bucks. Of course prem. is 3.50 here :O I get about 200-220 mi to the tank which sucks. Of course ALL of my commute is stop and go.

ok this is making me feel better... I read someplace else on here that people were getting like 300-350 to a tank. Recently Ive used all premium, because it gets me better gas mileage. Highest Ive ever got was 264 to a tank.. but average around the 230-240 mark. And put around 35-40.00 in. All mine is stop and go too. When calculated out. I believe its around 19-20 mpg.

I drive only in city to school and work so many stop signs hehe And a full tank gets mearound 160k heh and i drive slow sometimes Ilike to go harder but im trying drive economic but I cant(headbang)

Worst I've gotten was 24MPG with city driving...best was 27MPG. I don't think I can ever hit 30MPG, but that's the price you pay for a 2.3L turbo.

I usually get to about the 300-320 mark before my gas light comes on. Also, my "fuel remaining" on my dash indicates 3-20 miles.

I spend about $40 each tank.

I'm averaging 18mpg, right at the EPA "city" figure. Not bad considering my lead foot. I sorta wish it had a bigger tank though.

My old car, an Acura Integra GS-R, could usually get 22 or 23, but that was a 1.8L I-4.

I usually get 22MPG, filling up when I've got 1/4 tank left (any less and it would be possible to run out on the way to work) and thats usually at around 250miles driven or so.

Maybe I am wrong but everything seems to say the tank on this car is 14 gallons. I have never been able to put anything more than 12.75.

Is this just a misprint or something? Or is the computer set to make me think I am about to run out of fuel (the computer stated I had one mile left) for my protection.

Has anyone put in 14.5 gallons..or even close?

I am averaging around 320 miles per tank and according to the computer, I am getting around 22mpg.

I get about 23 Miles per gallon (average) in the city and a little over thirty when I take highway trips. I've gotten between 275 to 360 miles to the tank.

I get 300 miles to the tank when driving the back roads during the week. For the past few weeks I have been doing all interstate and was consistently hitting 350 miles per tank. My best was 360 miles.

The best my computer has shown is 32 for interstate. I have found it to be about 2 miles per gallon off. I have been averaging 26-28 in mixed driving. Totally worth it for the power you get.

My mileage got better after about 7K. I usually put in about 12 gallons when I see 280 on the clock.
I kept track of every tank until I hit the 12K point, and some of the earlier tanks were as poor as 20 mpg, lately highway has been as good as 28.

I think all you folks getting like 26 -32 MPG are either driving like grandmas are your car isn't making the cliamed 263hp and 280ft tq.

The tank is 14.5 gallons. It seems that 16-20mpg around town is pretty typical. I noticed on the highway today that I was averaging about 30mpg while cruising at 65mph in 6th gear.

Maybe I am wrong but everything seems to say the tank on this car is 14 gallons. I have never been able to put anything more than 12.75.

Is this just a misprint or something? Or is the computer set to make me think I am about to run out of fuel (the computer stated I had one mile left) for my protection.

Has anyone put in 14.5 gallons..or even close?

I am averaging around 320 miles per tank and according to the computer, I am getting around 22mpg.

I drove about 20-22 miles AFTER the computer showed zero miles left. So obviously there are always couple of galons in the tank for safety. Anybody tried driving more than 20 miles on an empty tank ? (burnout)

I drove about 20-22 miles AFTER the computer showed zero miles left. So obviously there are always couple of gallons in the tank for safety. Anybody tried driving more than 20 miles on an empty tank ? (burnout)
The other day I pulled into the station with the gauge like this. I still couldn't get more than 13.4 into it - another 20 miles to go!

Attachments

• gas.jpg
    gas.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 138
I've only had the car long enough for 3 tanks of gas, but I'm very pleased. First tank 23 mpg, second 25 mpg, last one 29.5 mpg. That's about 65% hwy, 35% city. Can't complain one bit.

Back