Post a pic of yourself.

Btw, here are pics of the new lab when I was still putting it all together... (two 46" display workstations FTW!)

miraclestudiob02.jpg

1080p Ducatti commercial
miraclestudiob03.jpg

Another *sigh* wedding edit
miraclestudiob01.jpg

I hope you didn't spell Ducati wrong in the commercial...

Oh and I know I already gave you s*** Anthony but SU SU SUDIO!

i work at a wedding center and am a dj, i work with a video guy and always see him messing around with it. confusing program, and i hate macs lol

It just "looks" confusing. lol Kinda like Photoshop to newbs. Why the hate for Macs. I'm actually a recent convert as of a year ago. XP sucks, Vista is just atrocious. The ONLY thing a PC is good for is gaming- and even then you have to pay out the arse for a high end SLI system to run modern games with good res with solid frame-rate. I gave up on PC gaming and went the console route.

that "studio" and lcd screen is nice! man that screen would go good with a xbox 360

More like PS3 w/ HDMI. I haven't played my Xbox360 in quite some time. I'm afraid it's going to red ring like 95% of all the other ones out there. (usa)

It just "looks" confusing. lol Kinda like Photoshop to newbs. Why the hate for Macs. I'm actually a recent convert as of a year ago. XP sucks, Vista is just atrocious. The ONLY thing a PC is good for is gaming- and even then you have to pay out the arse for a high end SLI system to run modern games with good res with solid frame-rate. I gave up on PC gaming and went the console route.

i dunno, i have no real reason, i just hate macs. I use nothing but pc for my mixing software, wheather it be virtual, sarato, pcdj, acid pro, whatever...it all goes on my pc. If it aint broke dont fix it lol

I like that snake. I used to have all kinds of lizards and toads and a salamander. What does the snake eat?

Well the ONLY thing a mac is good for is final cut pro. I prefer premier cs3 because it is fully integrated with the other production apps by adobe. Plus you can upgrade a pc, something you mac folks can only dream of doing :)

I'm on a mac at work all day and it is torture. Beach ball pisses me off (chair)

Last edited:
I like that snake. I used to have all kinds of lizards and toads and a salamander. What does the snake eat?

Thank you! Her and my ball python eat a medium sized rat ever two weeks.

Donas64 They are really nothing to be afraid. With constant handling they are like long legless kittens.

not to turn this into a mac vs PC thing seeing as nowadays it just comes down to personal preference but my PC is good for much more than gaming. (which btw macs suck for). And unless you're playing Crysis, you can build an excellent gaming rig for not a lot of cash thats more customizable and unique than a mac. I play on consoles as well but I much prefer playing on my PC for most games.

The thing I dislike about MACS is the attitude of a lot of MAC users seem to have. Even my graphic design prof. in college was a MAC snob and refused to take my projects unless I did them on a mac (which I hated because I am not a fan of OSX)

XP does not suck in the least and VISTA, while not all its cracked up to be is at least a competent OS. So I don't hate MACS as much as I hate MAC culture. Especially those annoying Mac vs PC commercials that are filled with such lies and BS. :) back on topic.

Well the ONLY thing a mac is good for is final cut pro. I prefer premier cs3 because it is fully integrated with the other production apps by adobe. Plus you can upgrade a pc, something you mac folks can only dream of doing :)

I'm on a mac at work all day and it is torture. Beach ball pisses me off (chair)

You can upgrade a mac. I added 3 HDs, upgraded video card, 4 gigs of ram, and a Black Magic Intensity Pro card for HDMI HD uncompressed capture and output. The only thing you can't upgrade is the motherboard and processor. Though- why would you need to when the BASE model Mac Pro is already sporting 8-cores. (uhm)

The integration in the CS suite is nice. I'm not a fan of Premiere though I've heard it's much better than it used to be. See I actually started out as a PC/Premiere editor- back when Premiere was at 6.0. It was buggy as heck, the longer your timeline got the buggier and more crashes you'd get. FCP Studio has some pretty advanced tool- I'd venture to say more powerful than the CS suite with the exception of After Effects. Though Motion is getting closer with each revision.

Besides when you buy a Mac you have the best of both worlds (via Boot Camp) you can dual boot both XP/Visa and OSX. Something PC users can only dream of doing.

again this thread goes off topic... take ur mac vs. pc debate elsewhere

there already is a member pic thread over in the off-topic section, this one was only really kept open cuz it was all 3/ms3 ppl and everyone was finally getting along lol. lets keep it on topic so we dont have to get rid of this thread too.

sooo back to the pics!

not to turn this into a mac vs PC thing seeing as nowadays it just comes down to personal preference but my PC is good for much more than gaming. (which btw macs suck for).
Agreed I should not have said gaming was the "only" thing they are good for. For the most part PCs can do everything a Mac can do and vice versa. Macs do suck for gaming but it's supposedly going to get better since they switched to Intel. I know Starcraft II is going to be a simultaneous release on both platforms.

And unless you're playing Crysis, you can build an excellent gaming rig for not a lot of cash thats more customizable and unique than a mac. I play on consoles as well but I much prefer playing on my PC for most games.
Depends on your definition of "a lot of cash". You aren't building any sort of modern gaming machine for the prices XBOX and PS3 offer- not even close. Heck just recently I was in Circuit City and they had this $1200 HP computer on the end cap playing the new Unreal game. I picked it up and played it and it ran great. But there was no AA or antistrophic filtering turned on, plus the textures were turned all the way down, and the resolution was low. I went to the menu turned on very CONSERVATIVE settings maybe 2x AA, and set the resolution to the monitors native res (which was below 1920x1200) and ran the "~statfps" function to track frame-rate....it got a staggeringly low 8-12 fps. This is with a $1200 off the shelf computer. (pow)

The thing I dislike about MACS is the attitude of a lot of MAC users seem to have. Even my graphic design prof. in college was a MAC snob and refused to take my projects unless I did them on a mac (which I hated because I am not a fan of OSX)

XP does not suck in the least and VISTA, while not all its cracked up to be is at least a competent OS. So I don't hate MACS as much as I hate MAC culture. Especially those annoying Mac vs PC commercials that are filled with such lies and BS. :) back on topic.

Well I have to agree with you there- before I switched to Mac I used to hate the mindless automaton fans that would say "Mac is better" kinda like a pull string talking doll- but with no facts or reasons "why". I believe I'm one of the few people on here that actually own both. In that pic of my studio- the secondary workstation to the far right of the screen is a full fledged PC workstation. I still do a decent amount of work with the PC, heck I can't ditch it or I'll be helpless with my Dashhawk updates (Bastids at MSD!). (cryhard)

Anyway the reason I like OSX over XP is it's built on a more stable and secure platform, Linux. XP and Vista have a registry so over the months and months if you install and uninstall things often times files are left behind embedded in the registry creating what amounts to digital garbage. Additionally the start up and system tray tend to get filled with garbage slowing down it startup and eating up resources. The Mac doesn't work that way- it does not have a registry. If you don't like a program simply drag it's icon to the trash. No uninstall, no "some files could not be removed", no "shared dll" bs.

Go over anyone's parent's house (or someone that doesn't know how to perform PC upkeep and cleaning) and look at their PC. See how much trash is pre-installed on it and see how much crap they have in their startup and system tray. Eating up valuable resources the OS already isn't efficient at utilizing. Heck run a few virus scans and malware/spyware detectors and see what you get. The Mac frees you from all that and it's quite liberating to be honest. Thus the reason many Mac people are passionate about their systems. Often times they just don't know how to express it and come off at pompus computer illiterate pricks.
(dark)

again this thread goes off topic... take ur mac vs. pc debate elsewhere

there already is a member pic thread over in the off-topic section, this one was only really kept open cuz it was all 3/ms3 ppl and everyone was finally getting along lol. lets keep it on topic so we dont have to get rid of this thread too.

sooo back to the pics!

lol the nature of this thread is ALREADY "off-topic". Wait this is a car forum right? (crazy)

lol the nature of this thread is ALREADY "off-topic". Wait this is a car forum right? (crazy)

yeah its off topic, but we decided to leave it here because it was pretty popular and was sticking to only ms3 members, but if it turns into something other than a pic thread its really gotta go. so since I don't want that to happen, back to pics

Attachments

• me14.jpg
    me14.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 150
  • go_kart8.jpg
    go_kart8.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 136
yeah its off topic, but we decided to leave it here because it was pretty popular and was sticking to only ms3 members, but if it turns into something other than a pic thread its really gotta go. so since I don't want that to happen, back to pics

My appologies. I'll shut my trap. (rei)

Back