Any places that will paint of powder coat wheels?

Young Roids

:
The pennies have been saved the MS3 is mine!
Ok so I want to get the wheel pictured but it does not come in a gold colorway are there any places that will put a gold coating onto the wheels and will it be as durable as the stock coating? I don't want it to chip.

Attachments

• enkei_rpf1_s_ci3_l.jpg
    enkei_rpf1_s_ci3_l.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 149
Check for a local plating company. Most of the time they do industrial powdercoating, anodizing, and zinc plating. Usually you can find someone who wants to make a few bucks on the side and will powdercoat the wheels for you for a reasonable CASH donation. From my knowledge powdercoating works better on wheels than paint. If there is already a finish(paint or clear coat) on the wheels, you should have someone sandblast it down to the original metal first. www.caswellplating.com has a good selection of powdercoat colors to chose from, but you might have to buy the powder through the person doing the work. I know of a few platers in the Raleigh/Durham, NC area if it helps!

Last edited:
Chemical stripping is the best way to strip wheels to prep for powdercoating.It does not alter the Wheels surface at all where Sandbalsting does....It changes the metals finish.

I would suggest that if you are buying new wheels..Find something you like in a color you like.
Its likely that stripping and repowdercoating willeasily run you$300-$400+ for a set of four wheels.

Not worth it for new wheels IMHO.

Back