What have you done to your P5 today?

Finally removed the rear emblem to paint it all black....the silver/black just didn't look right.

P5-FlyingMPainted.jpg

do you have a spicy orange P5?

oh, and I need to do that too.

Last edited:
Can anyone describe what VTCS going bad sounds like?

I have a hunch.

do you have a spicy orange P5?

oh, and I need to do that too.

A spicy P5 would be nice but it is classic red. haha

I thought you painted your emblems with nite shades? This is what I initially did. It was different....in a bad kinda way.

Attachments

• P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 003.jpg
    P5 - Painted Rear Emblems 003.jpg
    629.1 KB · Views: 123
^I did that only with a Dremel, it matches my front emblem...

I did tint my "Mazda" and "Protege5" emblems, but it's a little faded, I'm not sure I like that anymore, thinking about paint...

I subjected my P5 (180,800mi.) to 30 minutes of high speed, okay higher than the limit (90-110mph) driving. All is well.

Pic's of my drop - remember its a 02 not 03 so I don't ride on 17 stock... simple 16's so it doesn't look as dramatic.

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

IMG_1044.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

03/03.5 has 16s too. just different 16s. looks REALLY good though. (16s vs 17s attached)

Attachments

• DSCN0027gs.jpg
    DSCN0027gs.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCN0065.jpg
    DSCN0065.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
03/03.5 has 16s too. just different 16s. looks REALLY good though. (16s vs 17s attached)

Thanks... ended up changing all 4 swaybar endlinks

Hmmm... I thought 03 up were 17's, I guess u learn something new everyday around here.... I can't wait to see her on the MS3 18's

Not me, but my wife got her second speeding ticket in 2 months this morning! I told her she was going to have to give me the P5 and she'll be driving the MPV now, so she's less able to speed and less likely to get noticed/pulled over. She said she'd been thinking the same thing! :D

Ha ha ha! Time for you to drive the penalty box, dear! ;)

Not me, but my wife got her second speeding ticket in 2 months this morning! I told her she was going to have to give me the P5 and she'll be driving the MPV now, so she's less able to speed and less likely to get noticed/pulled over. She said she'd been thinking the same thing! :D

Sooo.... you're still driving the van then huh?

Sooo.... you're still driving the van then huh?

We'll see on Monday!

I think what I need to do is put the Racing Beat muffler back on, so she can actually hear the car, and have some idea she's flying, again!

Dude - you have to tell her to slow down...you know what a speeder I am, but when I'm on the interstate, I try to stay with the pack and not be too obvious about going over the speed limit...there's always tons of cops waiting to nail you on the rush hour in/out of Atlanta...

(rofl2) (butt) (whip)

you won't be able to hear a racing beat exhaust much more than stock...unless it's the mazdaspeed sport exhaust you're talking about? in fact the racing beat will only free up a few more ponies...the opposite of what you're trying to do in this case lol

Actually, we had the MSP exhaust on the car for a while, and she complained about the noise bothering her on her highway commute, so I pulled it off again. It's not really loud, but for a long run at a single speed (the non-traffic part of her commute to ATL) it is kind of hard to ignore, and it bothered her, so I pulled it.

Today's ticket was here in Athens, though, as she accelerated past some slow traffic that was getting on her nerves. She doesn't really believe she was going as fast as the cop says, but then, she also admits she wasn't paying that much attention to her speed and thought the limit was higher on that road than it was! I was just thinking that some exhaust noise would have reminded her that her foot was on the floor! ;)

Back