DSC0007.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC0009.JPG
    DSC0009.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC0011.JPG
    DSC0011.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 244
So out of everyone that ACTUALLY installed them ... does it make a difference in power on the "butt" dyno?

bazooka joe said:

I finally can make a detailed update. With just one on, the oil consumption wasn't changed really. Last week I put the breather-side vent back on, and I can say that there is definitely a difference, pluse a nice slight whistle sound from everytime I let off the gas, when in deep vacuum. I think it is the stronger vacuum...now I just gotta figure out where the noise is actually coming from.

kamon8404 said:
So out of everyone that ACTUALLY installed them ... does it make a difference in power on the "butt" dyno?

Not really, its more of a mod that you do to take better care of your engine and possibly prevent troubles down the road. It is possible that they add power, but not really enough to feel.

It makes sense that some oil will be passed through the pcv. The KV valve still allows gases to be sucked from the crankcase. So, a little oil will be sucked up. However, the KVs will not allow boost pressure to enter the crankcase through a pcv that will not hold the pressure. Therefore they prevent oil from being blown out of the crankcase through the valve cover vent into the intake tube as would be caused by "blow by". It is still a good idea to run a catch can on the pcv side.

Got a ? for anyone that has not yet installed it...
Could you blow thru the incoming side of this KV valve and tell me if its open and it blew thru easily or did it require of bit of pressure before the valve opened?

I finally got my ass up and installed these bad boyz, and im getting some turkey now. I would usual get a quiet whooosh sound if I built enough boost. I only have a K&N Panel filter on the stock air box too.....

Must be building some nice pressure.

Not really, its more of a mod that you do to take better care of your engine and possibly prevent troubles down the road. It is possible that they add power, but not really enough to feel.

We usually see a few ponies from them on before/after back-to-back dyno's.

Back